StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions bruises help please

• bruises help please

Posted by flo jo on July 3, 2012 at 3:18 am

Hi everyone.i have been doing pole about 10 months now . sometimes i am ok but mostly i get very bruised my legs look like a leopard. usually worse when a new move is attempted. any advice please for me its the only down side to pole thanks

flo jo replied 12 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

July 3, 2012 at 7:24 am

Arnica!!  I buy stuff from Swanson Vitamins that has 10% arnica in it (and it is cheaper than buying in the store).  I crashed and burned pretty bad 2 weeks ago doing parkour, got home and started with the arnica and never bruised.  By crash and burn I mean that we were hurdling balance beams and I did not get my legs up high enough and hit both shins on the edge of the beam and came down face first.  I took off enough skin and my shins were tender to even wearing jeans, but I never bruised!

This is what I get: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/NWF460/ItemDetail

I know that Aerial Amy loves Traumeel but it is about twice the cost.  You can also take arnica pills that will help, too.

• AriFerrari

July 3, 2012 at 10:02 am

I have also hear good things about Arnica, but an at home remedy that seems to work great for me is actually Preparation H. It constricts the blood vessels and reduces the appearance. I put it on before bed because it's a greasy texture, for small, deep bruises I cover it with a bandaid. 

• Suzara

July 3, 2012 at 10:53 am

Epson salt baths will help.  Vitamin B is suppose to help with prevention of bruises, and massaging the bruises will help them to go away. 

• flo jo

July 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Thanks everyone! I love pole dancing but the husband doesnt find the bruises very sexy ha xxx