StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions calluses?

• EvaRut

August 9, 2010 at 12:27 pm

CALLUS SHAVER!! Its the shit https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif My hands get really sore if the calluses get too big. Then they just hurt með more then help me so I shave them of about every other week I think. But Always leave a little bit. I tried the nail file and this that works just like nail file but is for the feet but it doesnt work very well for me. Callus shaver is best for removing calluses! And I have used a boxcutter to wich worked fine to. You just got to be really careful with that.

• marle777

August 12, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Callus shaver is the best way to go, I forgot I had one somewhere. I’ve been attacking my calluses with a pumice stone for the past two days and I’m pretty sure I’m sanding off way more stone than skin… https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_rambo.gif

• Polecat88

November 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm

bringing back an old thread here.

Mine are really sore. Below middle finger on both hands they're raised and pretty ouchie. Any advice?

• Laura KittyCat

November 7, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Ive learned to just deal with them from years of gymnastics. I didnt know you could shave them! Yay!

• sexygyrl

November 8, 2011 at 12:28 am

@polecat: have they been there quite a while?  For some reason, my hands will callus on top of callus and that is what hurts.  When that happens, I do go ahead and use the foot file to smooth them down. 

• Polecat88

November 8, 2011 at 3:32 am

Yeah they're super thick. As long as it wont make them worse I'm gonna give it a go later. x

• PJ Piglet Poles

November 8, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I bought a nail file for acrylic nails…I use it after a shower or bath and it has done the trick. :o)

• Might Grip

November 10, 2011 at 11:49 am

Hi Ladies,

It has been brought to our attention over the years (Mighty Grip grip aid has been on the market for over 10 years) that with consistant use, Mighty Grip will reduce the problem of callouses on both hands and feet. 

Just some feedback we have received from users not only in Pole but Golf, Tennis, and Baseball.

Joel

• Polecat88

November 10, 2011 at 12:34 pm

@ Mighty Grip – I use your product on my hands but I haven't found it to prevent calluses, however, I will have a go using it more frequently in a workout and see if it does help. Cheers.

• Might Grip

November 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Perhaps I worded my answer incorrectly. They will not prevent callouses but rather will soften them and help remove some of the dead skin when you wash your hands and feet.

Joel

• RoseMay

November 10, 2011 at 4:43 pm

One way to reduce the growth of calluses is to pay close attention to the grip. Especially on poles with a smaller diameter.

Try not to grip in a way that the skin on the hand is folded. This usually happens under the middle finger.

Instead you should grip in a way that the skin is "straight". The difference lies in the angle the hand grips the object. If the grip starts from the middle part of the hand (right under the fingers) it won't fold the skin. If the grip starts from just above the thumb it will fold it and cause extra calluses.

It's kinda difficult to describe https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif It's a technique I learned in weightlifting (the smaller the thing you're gripping the more important this is) – and I never had any problems with calluses.

• Brumby

December 18, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I don't mind my calluses.  I get them from working with my pull-up bar, silks, and pole. But I am wondering if I should remove them.  Do calluses reduce your grip capacity by making your hands slippy?

• Laura KittyCat

December 24, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I have found that my calluses seem to help me grip. I dont have the cold pole issue any more, and unless im sweaty or my pole is cruddy my hands dont slip. Im not sure if it is the calluses or my increasin hand strength, but im happy with the increased ability to warm up my pole without slipping around. 🙂

• Polemist

March 11, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Bringing back old thread…..

I too since starting my pole classes am now noticing calluses. Anyone try the mighty grip grip aide yet and notice a difference? While I am will willing to live with these fancy lil fellows, I also miss my my smooth girlie hands https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• chemgoddess1

March 11, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Aerial Amy had written about some callus shaver that she bought.  Can't remember where she talked about it but she was referring to something like this:

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/0TMft20OobHPFyrEt7HRY9hdPivrWf3R9RdHmnNBR2TyatIJGhCgIr0PLaX6PcIml6g99-Bus2BCHj2hEWKEc5sJKgnktFw_2m0SYxKIRdgHAn-RBJ5nuFLLqCn5ioWOdhOzk6TqfretPWgDOrKim3J_YUmZNMqeXiNwNA

Page 2 of 3