StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions flatline scorpio help!!!

• Anonyma

August 12, 2011 at 7:26 pm

from the cricifix switch legs ang puch your body away….also you can make it kind of  a ball … i learned this from jenyne in montreal in a workshop she mades it very pretty everyone could do it

• tarah

August 14, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I think the extended butterfly entry is pretty, but found it easier to learn by entering from the thigh rest (which is like a V cradle).  I actually have it in my latest video (pretzel practice) near the end, if you want to see an example.  you can also get in directly from scorpio, but that way is the hardest in my opinion.  🙂

• Mary Ellyn

August 14, 2011 at 9:42 pm

The transition from extended butterfly works better for some people because of the way your leg whips around and most people cannot externally rotate their hip far enough to just place it in position for the flatline but it can definitely work from the regular butterfly if you have enough hip flexibiilty.

If you go up into an inverted crucifix it's usually easier to switch and hook your internal leg before you repostion your inside hand below – keeping both legs closer to the pole until you bracket your inside arm down below.

From the cradle you have to be able to do an cradle invert in order to transition into the flatline and that's usually more difficult for most people however it's a beautiful transition.

• Mary Ellyn

August 14, 2011 at 9:43 pm

by the way…the best thing to help is simply stretching exercises…both for internal and external rotation. I like the king pigeon pose and frog and butterfuly stretches best.

• lucifairy

August 15, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Thanks girls https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Nearly got it today from a butterfly, tried the other ways too

sooo determined now!

• Veena

Administrator
    August 15, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Hi! here is the lesson for The flatline Scoprio if your taking them https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/0fb15914-b90a-11df-856f-001b214581be

I go over 3 methods of entry Thigh Rest, Gemini (this might be a good option for you!) and the Buttlerfly

• LopsiJulie

August 15, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Just come over to mine and you'll get it.  Guarenteed!  🙂

• LopsiJulie

August 16, 2011 at 2:23 am

Veena, I'm going to try to V out 🙂  I like the way it looks.  🙂  I was having trouble exiting for my routine and was doing an inverted V, but now that my hammy is a bit upset it's not good.  This looks like the perfect solution. 

😀

• lucifairy

August 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Veena I’m getting your lessons again next week. I miss them lol. 🙂 thanks. Gemini option sounds Brill cos my gemini pretty solid

Julieee I’ve missed u. I think we do need to jam soooon its lonely in class I have no one to help me and laugh when I plonk on my ass hehe x

Page 2 of 2