StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions hair help

• hair help

Posted by JennyBacardi on February 15, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I have super long straight hair( its almost reaching my butt) but its always tangled if i leave it loose. So i always have it in a ponytail and im getting bored with it. I dont know what to do with my hair to keep it nice and loose all day. if i leave it loose i have to carry a hairbrush with me at all times and after a few hours i always end up tying my hair into a ponytail again.

1.How do i kee my hair tangle free when its loose

2, I need new style ideas instead of a ponytail. since my hair is long i have trouble controling it.

XLauraX replied 13 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

February 16, 2011 at 8:10 am

Have you tried using leave in conditioner or any of the glosses?  I know when my hair is dry it tends to tangle more.  As strange as this sounds, also straightening mine using a heat spray keeps mine from tangling.  My hair is pretty straight but that added little bit of finishing touch keeps any curvy hair from grabbing and tangling.  When mine dries naturally I always have a bit of a bend at the nape of my neck and I will get rats nests there.

What about braiding it?

• glitterhips

February 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm

It most likely has to do with the cut you have, you might want to ask your stylist to lighten up some of the bulk toward the middle/bottom of your hair which would help it lay better and probably help with tangles, try that and see if it works? good luck!

• Runemist34

February 16, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I agree with Chem: If your hair is dry, it can tangle a lot more than normal. I've seen a lot of people argue that they have oily hair because it gets oily fast at the top, and not at the bottom…this is a big sign that you may be washing much too often, or that the products you're using is drying your hair out a lot. 

With long hair, it can be hard to control…mine is curly, and I once had it down to hip-length, and the weight of it made it wavy, rather than curly. I had to gather it up and twist it around just to keep it from flying everywhere anytime I went on or off the ferry from home. 

However, my biggest recommendation is to not wash it often. I know it sounds gross. Trust me! I recently cut pretty much all my hair off, and I've stopped washing it more than…er, once a month? It sounds awful, but my hair is so happy! I get it wet in the shower, run my fingers through it, and I'm done. No problem. 

Washing too often can lead to issues, so try cutting back. If you wash every second day, try going for once a week. If it's once a week…well, perhaps that isn't your issue, but maybe cut back a little, even then!

• JennyBacardi

February 16, 2011 at 5:19 pm

thank you so much girls! 🙂 i really appreciate the help

i wash my hair about twice a week, and i dont even have a style its just really long and blah..

ill try all the tips

thanks 🙂

• XLauraX

February 23, 2011 at 7:46 pm

My hair is like that, its long and I usually wear it curly, it gets tangled a lot! I usually just run my fingers through it and take the tangles out, or sometime (when I cant be bothered) I just leave it! its quite thick and the tangles are usually underneath so its not noticealbe, then I have a fight with the comb and conditioner when I wash it 🙂