StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions has anyone tried the lulu mat?

• nymphdancer

March 9, 2012 at 7:10 am

I think I'm going to get the yoga direct one and then get the black cover.

• FeeDen

March 9, 2012 at 7:29 am

I got a 6 inch pole mat from pole dance mat.co.uk.   i've used it for a year and the stitching, velcro etc is still perfect.  It says on their site they do ship overseas but I dont know if the cost is going to be astronomical to the U.S.  This mat was cheaper than the Lulu mat and I was a little apprehensive about the quality but its been brilliant really well made.  It may be worth looking into.  The 6 inch mat is £150 or $237  4 inch mat is around £120 or $189. and 2 inch mat £70,  $111.  They make them to order, 5 colour choices square or round I got round.

• Dancing Paws

March 9, 2012 at 9:03 am

Those ones are neat Fee! I wish I had a second pole so I could get one of those!

• tarah

March 9, 2012 at 11:43 pm

thanks, feeden!  i got to the paypal checkout and it said the shipping was only 15 pounds.  i emailed them to double check, because it seemed pretty cheap for hawaii. 

• Elektra Vallens

March 10, 2012 at 11:30 am

I'm not sure if you've already ordered something, but I agree that a 1" mat is not going to do much when it comes to a real fall.  At the place where I do Chinese pole (20' pole), they just push two rectangular 24" crash pads together around the pole.  When I do silks (15') we use a 12" crash pad.  I'm not an expert or anything, but having fallen onto both of those mats with no injury, I would recommend at least a 12" pad.  It may also be cheaper if you buy gymnastics pads, rather than something made for pole. (If you have the space)

• Krista Bocko

March 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm

It's also a consideration the max height you'd be falling from. If you only have an 8' pole, you won't need as thick of a crash mat. I think the max heights are listed for each mat…really wish I could try these mats! Though I am surprised it's only 1" thick, 2" seems like a minimum…

• tarah

March 10, 2012 at 1:48 pm

sorry, i was talking about the mat that feeden mentioned – from pole dance mat co.uk.  it is a 6 inch mat, and they also have 4 inch.  i thought if i'm going to get one, might as well spend a little more and get the 6 inch.  haven't heard back about the shipping yet..

• ORGANIC ANGEL

March 10, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I had this idea to make forever ago! Glad to see someone is banking off of it. Just goes to show when you have an idea…..

• Hazi411

March 11, 2012 at 4:49 am

I have the pink Lulu mat which folds into quarters (and has handles on it so you can carry it), but I've only ever used it at home.  My ceiling is pretty low I think.  Husband has just measured it – it's 8 feet!  It isn't very thick.  It is quite firm, not squishy.  So far I haven't fallen on it from any height, but it does take a bit of the worry out of practising at home!

In my opinion, it is a good quality, well-made mat.  HTH

Page 2 of 2