StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions help my pole is falling!

• help my pole is falling!

Posted by GlitterSteph on August 3, 2014 at 1:30 pm

So i don’t believe it a true xpole because it doesn’t have the inner core. But I have this spin/static pole. (My lil minx pole is 3 inches too tall for my new apartment) anyways as I put it up I used a level thing to make sure it was straight. Once I got it up…. my tools busted. I was like well I guess it’s up. Then I did a flying body spiral and it moved! It’s in so tight I can’t move it to get it up or down and my tools broke to loosen it. It wasn’t too far off so I kept doing safe dance moves so I don’t kill myself. And a friend came over and spun on it and bam. It moved more. I haven’t danced on it in 3 days because I’m scared! I have tried pushing, oulling, I have never seen the tools before so I don’t know how to replace then or what to do next but I really want to get back on it! Any thoughts or ideas? Not sure if these photos show the tilt much but here it is

Alyson replied 10 years, 1 month ago 9 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • I polekat I

August 3, 2014 at 1:56 pm

oooh no this is my nightmare!! was the tool an L-shaped allen key? u can buy those in hardware stores. or was it the long straight pin? that might be harder to find a replacement.. if u know the make i wonder if they do spare tool kits on websites which sell the pole…? xox

• GlitterSteph

August 3, 2014 at 2:03 pm

I think it was the straight pins. It was a steel rod tgat was smaller on the part that went into the pole. Also, I bought if off someone so I don’t know the brand 🙁 I’ll take my broken pieces to a hardware store to see if they have something

• chemgoddess1

August 3, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Nope, it is not an x pole. The dome of the X does not have that curvature that this one does. Not sure how to help out in this situation. The knock offs generally do not have customer support.

• Tamarinda

August 3, 2014 at 4:12 pm

That’s definitely not an x-pole due to the tear dropped shape of the top dome. There was a thread on here recently talking about those poles. https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/53269a62-67f4-4587-b290-4eaf0a9aa0eb

Hopefully you come across a knowledgable employee who can help you find the right set of tools.

If not, another option would be to try and contact customer service off of ebay and asking them what size and type of tools they have that way you can try and replicate it by buying it at a hardware store, or maybe you can buy it from them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Spinning-Exercise-Dance-Strip-Pole-Kit-Set-For-X-pole-Silver-45mm-ES88-/151263216719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2337fd844f

There is more than one seller who sells the tear dropped dome shaped pole so if one doesn’t answer then try another one.

The only time my x-pole ever moved like that was when I did not have it correctly in line with the stud, so I would recommend that you buy a stud finder if you haven’t already. I would also recommend a magnetic one cuz the electronic ones are unreliable and may cause anger. There is a decent 8 dollar magnetic one on Amazon. You can get a $5 one at ACE hardware as well. The $5 one is a bit small and weak but it works decent if you have an idea of where the stud is.

Good luck, I know it’s frustrating to have a pole and not be able to use it.

• AllysonKendal

August 3, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I’m no help as far as this pole goes, but it sounds like you got some good advice.

However I’ve heard its easy to cut a LM pole down to size. I could be wrong,.. But I’d search that. Might be a better option then trying to make that pole not fall. I don’t know!

• GlitterSteph

August 3, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I know I need to have a legit pole but I took my instruvtor to this person and she checked out the pole and di alot on it and said she wouldnt tell me to buy it if it was my only pole but since it was my spare pole its fine and a start to a practice spin pole. But then my minx didnt work out in my new place and I was sad. ! I didnt have any issues with it previously so I must not not have had it totally straight and set in to begin with. I move again in 7 months (military) so I dont want to cut my minx pole if I dont need to. You all have been super helpful! Thank you!!

• Stephanie X Pole

August 5, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Hi All- This is most definitely not an X-Pole. Please be careful in your practice!

• CrazyKosters

August 5, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Yeah don’t use that. Get someone over to help you get it down it. I bought that same pole as a cheap alternative for a second pole (45mm vs my other 50mm xpole). They never claimed to be X pole but I bought it off amazon. I knew it was garbage right away. It would loosen if I spun a certain way on static, the dome seal sucked and it got almost bowed looking in the middle. It fell with me on it one time. I almost went through my plasma tv.. Get your lil minx cut if possible or buy a better and safer brand pole.

• Dancing Paws

August 6, 2014 at 11:38 am

Return it if you can. Those poles are dangerous.

• I polekat I

August 7, 2014 at 6:18 am

if you move around a lot it might be worth investing in a genuine x-pole as you can order different length attachments, i have a 500 a 250 and a 100 now and i have had no problem in the last 3 places it has been up (all different height ceilings!!) – just makes it much more flexible taking your pole to different places =) i move almost every year so it would be a nightmare for me having a fixed length pole!! *walks into flat, measures ceiling height, nahhh thanks estate agent, this height is wrong. i need a flat exactly **in height please. Next !! =P xoxox

• Alyson

August 7, 2014 at 2:50 pm

If you’re going to buy an actual X-Pole, you can always get someone who’s handy with tools to cut it down for you. It would destroy the pole, but who cares if you’re replacing it. Not sure of the design since it’s fake, but my real X-Pole got stuck a few months ago. I posted the solution here: https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/OMG_NEED_HELP_Brand_New_XPert_NX_Wont_Come_Down_20140611100414