StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions help with lil’ mynx pole question

• Tara

February 9, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Hey. I have a LMR Black, Painted pole, and a Xpole (50mm chrome) and I am in the process, like picking up-next week,  a Stainless Steel rotator from a seller I've found.  If i weren't getting a great deal, on a pole that I am familiar with, I would look into a brass pole.  Funny enough, there is a building on 72nd street that has an overlay, with brass legs, and I'm ALWAYS passing by there, and doing a hold/lift on their pole.  

I had been happy with my LM pole for some time, until I started taking classes at a studio, and found that I can spin (on stationary), and slide (ex. exit a superman, slink down) smoother.  I too have torn my skin due to the stickiness of the pole.  I do not plan on selling my painted  Rotator, but either having both up, or switching out the poles from time to time.  I also had the problem with the screw in the ceiling.   This prevented me from tightening my pole.  But my husband has placed a wooded piece there, and now it is not a problem.

The XPole is kept in my bedroom, and I find it to be slippery. This isn't a big deal, because you get more grip, as you warm the pole.  I don't use it as often because of space, and my room is usually freezing, but since my bedroom is carpeted, and my poleroom is not, I can practice different things comfortably.  Plus hubby demands we keep it there. Lol!

• PoleSkivvies

February 10, 2011 at 6:21 am

My first pole was a LM stainless steel – I like it, but it was way too slippery, especially in cold weather.   My Xpole Xpert works better for (TG), and it fits fine in my short, less-than-8 foot ceilings. Whichever you get, enjoy your new pole!

• kimmie0893

February 18, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I am also choosing between ss and powdered lil mynx! I already have my ss and was thinking about trading to coated due to the reviews about it being slippery. I like it so far, so it must be body chemistry. Thank you soooo much for your opinions. I am definitely going to get ss, because I live in Florida and we don’t really have a cold, plus I have leg warmers with grip. I also am dead set on being able to spin on static without grip problems. You ladies are a life saver!

• Runemist34

February 19, 2014 at 3:01 pm

So, just wanted to say: I had a 50mm SS lil mynx, and I found the coupling in the ceiling that came from my old one to be different than my new Veena pole, so I used the new one. It may have just been because my old SS was like, 5 years old though, and things may have changed since then.
    Also, I find the smaller diameter much nicer now that I’ve gotten used to it, and I love the powder coating. I liked the SS, but I never really felt very stable on it. The powder coat is amazing!

• grayeyes

February 20, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Ditto many of the other comments. I have a 45mm Lil Mynx SS and I love everything about it EXCEPT that it is so dang slippery, especially this winter when the humidity is so much lower in my house. I love that it goes up and down in a second. I love that it’s one piece and goes from static to spinny in a flash. I think it’s beautiful even though it’s just a silver pole. However, I find it impossible to grip with thigh or knee without grip aid whether it’s warmed up or not and I have tried all the tricks on here. I have also tried all the cleaning ideas to no avail. Even with grip aid my thigh and knee holds are marginal. Relatively speaking I stick like glue to the brass Pole Danzers at my studio.

• JennRN35

February 21, 2014 at 10:37 am

Can anyone tell me if the vaulted mount for Lil Mynx has the plant hook look to it? I know the standard mount does.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 21, 2014 at 10:38 am

The vaulted doesn’t

• JennRN35

February 21, 2014 at 10:47 am

How many inches does the mount stick out once in place. I have seem fake fire detectors that I could possible Velcro with 3m.

Page 2 of 2