StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions inverting is frustrating

• garynnnjb5232

April 10, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Thanks veena, thats how im gripping. I was just told before that it was wrong and my hands were to high. Thanks for reassuring me.

• garynnnjb5232

April 10, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Ive been going to a pole studio nd the instructor invertd with her hands below her ears by her neck almost by her shoulder.

• RobynPoleDancer

April 10, 2015 at 5:34 pm

What position do your arms end up in once you’re inverted then Veena?
    You’re either going to have to hold your arms bent and have to bring your hips up far from the pole.
    Or the grip is going to have to slide/move in the bicep/underarm. Both have trouble tipping back, as you have to get the hips super high over you.

Hip around in front of the pole, into your waist. Inside corner of the elbow squeezes the pole against the back of the hip. Hands low. Pole should not be on your bicep at all. Tuck up tight. Use the contact at the hip to pivot back, extending the arms – hinging at the elbow. It’s just a balance/tilt/rotation, your centre of gravity doesn’t have to go UP at all.

• Veena

Administrator
    April 10, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Robin, you can see what position the arm will be using side pole hold if you watch the link I posted 😊

• Phoenix Hunter

April 10, 2015 at 5:48 pm

I used to grip too low too when I was learning. I thought it would make it easier to lift myself. it didnt. I actually hurt a rib and strained my upper back muscles that way. just moving my hands up a couple of inches helped but also, really working on knee tucks and understanding how to use those muscles all at once made a difference too. knee tucks, knee tucks, knee tucks. and Veena’s pole strength routine and the 30 day Ab challenge helped tremedously! 🙂 love those exercises in the ab challenge. when I work on those it also helps with my shoulder mount. but I’m bad about maintaining my shoulder mount…

• garynnnjb5232

April 15, 2015 at 10:00 am

I finally got my invert. Exciting nd scary. I disected my invert. Nd I WASNT BREATHING. I dont kick into it either. I can lift myself up into the pole until my crotch touches it, then i extend my legs up on the pole, and slide down.
    THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!

i was holding my breathe. Im all self taught and i am adcancing quick now, but i DO know my boundaries. I hav all spins down. Im working on my v-straddle, i can plank, climb WITH BOTH LEGS, pole sit, i have transitions/pirouettes down. Lots of moves. I just want to perfect everything before i move onto the next level

• poleisnewtome

April 15, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Congratulations on getting your invert!!! I have a question. When you go into an invert, especially a V-invert, do you feel scared that you will lose your grip and fall backwards onto your neck? This scares me so much.

• garynnnjb5232

April 16, 2015 at 11:54 am

I feel like im going to lose the grip with my inside arm(bicep grip?). i can walk to pirouette myself into a v invert with momentum, but i cannot do a controled one like my basic one and hold it because it feels like im gonna slide off the pole or something.

Page 3 of 3