StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions mipole dance pole led lights

• Dancing Paws

September 15, 2011 at 9:44 am

Good to know. I don't have an official pole room. My ple is in the "dining room" of my apartment. I do plan on getting some lights and stuff for taking nice photos for my website, but that is for later. Uh, everything is taking me forever to get done!

• amy

September 15, 2011 at 9:47 am

just a note to add on to empy's post– red lighting is the absolute most flattering lighting that there is, i've bought red rope LED lighting that works really well and is a slightly differentl ook than the mipole but worth a look. you can buy it pretty cheaply online:

http://www.amazon.com/Volts-Rope-Lights-Lighting-Meters/dp/B004I48BC8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1316097696&sr=8-6

• HollySatine

September 15, 2011 at 11:37 am

wow, thanks for that link amy! i've looked for rope lighting on amazon before but for some reason i've never found it that long for that cheap…

• amy

September 15, 2011 at 12:58 pm

no prob holly! there are a lot of lighting stores in NYC that sell it… we bought 50 feet of the rope light to put in the studio we're renting for pole play and because we were buying so much, we got it for less than $1/foot so it's worth checking out in person if you have a similar resource near you.

• nymphdancer

September 15, 2011 at 1:08 pm

ooooooooooo love it! might have to check that out for the new studio! hmmm and maybe for the house for some video shooting 🙂

• marle777

September 15, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I came to comment on exactly what Empyrean has stated. I suspect it’s best to have a gentle hand with those plastic pressure tabs. But that’s kind of impossible considering you have to squeeze them pretty hard. Other than that they are fun addition to my black light. 🙂

• Dancing Paws

September 15, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Wow, I love that rope lighting! I have some outlets very close toy pole that I could use. Hmmmm…

• tarah

September 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm

it is true what empyrean said about the plastic pressure tabs!  i had a really hard time getting that piece to slide in place.   i actually dropped the light  at one point, and amazingly it did not break!  i was so happy.  i don't plan on  taking my light down at all – just need to be careful doing my caterpillar climb, lol

• cupcake11

September 15, 2011 at 6:40 pm

amy-where do you hang/apply the rope lighting?

• tarah

September 15, 2011 at 6:52 pm

i have blue rope lights in my pole room – not sure if they are led though.  i got them at home depot or lowe's around christmas time. 😀

• amy

September 15, 2011 at 9:05 pm

cupcake– i don't hang it! i just put it on the floor along the wall. the effect is a lot like the lights in most of my freestyle vids!

• TinyDancer04

September 15, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Oh no Amy! Now you’ve given me another idea for my pole room! I’ve already decorated it and have the mipole light – but the rope lights look awesome!! Think I need to curb my spending on all things pole!

• amy

September 15, 2011 at 9:35 pm

=) i love the effect of rope lights– its the same sort of look as christmas lights, there's so many individual bulbs that you don't get harsh or pinpoint spot light, you end up getting a really pretty glow that is just so flattering!

• LizzyLiz810

September 16, 2011 at 1:57 am

I just used my new mipole led lights and i like it alot. Its like my own personal spotlight. It was super easy to put up, and i tugged on it alot, and shook the pole, and it didnt budge, so it seems pretty secure. 

• Cherished

September 16, 2011 at 2:22 am

At first I thought the same thing about the plastic tabs (That they might break when trying to squeeze them to move that piece in and out) but I noticed that all I have to do is give it a little pinch/squeeze while making sure I'm pushing it down from the top. That push down is the key, it won't take much squeezing  that risks it breaking off.

Page 4 of 5