StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions new style xpole cutting my feet

• new style xpole cutting my feet

Posted by monica kay on July 9, 2016 at 10:55 pm

On the new xpoles, about 8 inches from the ground above the base are 2 (maybe 3?) exposed x screws framed by two parallel grooves encircling the bottom of the pole. Is anyone finding that those 3 screws catch the skin on the front of the ankle and achilles tendon in static spins such as fireman? i keep finding cuts on the front of my feet and this morning, one of my students had a cut on her achilles.
    thanks!!

hookedonpole replied 8 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • RissK

July 10, 2016 at 3:36 am

If they’re what I think you’re describing, they (the 3 of them) are the base set screws and should not be sticking out at all. They have to be fully tightened to keep your Pole secure. Once you’ve adjust height and tension, these get screwed back in. I’ve never had mine bother any body part when using the pole, spins, climbs, hands, Nada.
    The other 2 screws at the very bottom are the spin vs static screws, if that’s the type of pole you have. Totally different location and purpose.

• hookedonpole

July 10, 2016 at 4:20 pm

The should mot be sticking out. When a friend I’d mine put her new one up I saw they were sticking out. The pole needs to be lined up to that slit type opening, then the screw can be tightened flush with the pole. If you can’t tighten flush, pole is not aligned properly. Hope this makes sense. Look up how to set up pole or I can post link here later.

• NikiGoRound

July 11, 2016 at 3:18 am

I’ve cut myself severely on these screws before, and since I was doing inverts and going to the floor, it was on my arm. But it was because I tightened the pole waaaay too much before trying to tighten those screws, and the tension was, therefore, off, as the other commenters have mentioned. After I stopped overtightening the pole against the ceiling, the issue went away. The scars haven’t, though. Definitely make sure more of your students don’t get hurt :). Good luck!

• hookedonpole

July 11, 2016 at 4:01 am

Here is video of the new NX Xpole. Hopefully these are the screws you are talking about. My friend didn’t line up the key hole slot with vertical line on the pole. Once she did, was able to screw them flush and did not stick out. Start watching the video at about 14:50 or so. I hope this helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSm_fRPS_tk