StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions pole and age

• Hazi411

September 15, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Age is just a number! I was over 50 when I started my pole journey, having done zero exercise for years. No way am I giving up pole – it’s way too much fun. I plan to keep poling for as long as I can.

• triki2u

September 16, 2012 at 9:31 am

Age is just a number! I just turned 40 and had a baby last year on top of training to compete as a pole dancer in the over 40 category at Miss Texas, which has been a dream of mine for 2 years. Needless to say, I have had to stop and start so many times, I have lost count. I find that I have to do more massages and chiropractic than some of the other girls, and have to train smarter, not harder.

One thing I am falling in love with is Freestyling. Being older, I get to just play with tricks that fit my body and there is no 'criteria' that I have to meet. There is a group on FB that keeps me really motivated to do this.

The moderator calls it Freestyle Fridays. It is a private online community, and the moderator pics a song for the week and we video tape ourselves freestyling to that song and post it to Facebook. It is a mental as well as physical exercise. What I love about it is that you get to perform tricks that you love and are good at and comfortable with, and you have video evidence of your progress and you can maybe find some combos that you were not conciously thinking about. We all share our videos as well, so you can see some new and unique ways to get into and out of some of your favorite tricks. It is really fun. 

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/351634521579593/ if you are interested, please ask the moderator to add you and participate! I was surprised by how much I liked doing it. Now it is my new favorite thing!

• CLE Tricia

September 16, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I'm 45 and started poling a little over 4 years ago.  I love it, even the frustrating moments.  I had a time last year when I thought "am I really going to be 50 years old trying to conquer tricks on the pole?" and my answer to myself is a resounding YES!  There is always a new challenge. 

There are some times when I'm in class and I think I could be the mom to my teacher and all of my 20 something classmates, but it motivates me.  I think I kick ass, my husband thinks I kick ass.  I bet you kick ass too!

Keep at it, girl!

• CLE Tricia

September 16, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I can't find the Grande Dames pole group.  Anyone have a link?

• Jenn PoleLush

September 16, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Just joined it myself 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/groups/371301461328/

• Jenn PoleLush

September 16, 2012 at 8:48 pm

That FB group is inspiring. And the days I get down on myself its just what I need. I just do what my body allows me to do.  I started after my daughter was born (my second child) at 38…and Im 42 now.  Love it and wouldnt change a thing. Just wished I found it earlier!!

• Juicy J

September 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm

When I poled at Bobbi's Pole Studio, I found out that 2 x of the instructors there, Sassy & Chilli, were both in their early-mid 40s and they were HOT! Even stronger and more flexible than girls 1/2 their age in their class!
    And these girls are professionals too in the poling industry.

• MariYabe

September 16, 2012 at 10:11 pm

I'm 52. I'm inspired everyday by my pole friends, my students and the digital community like Studio Venna. It doesn't matter the source. I get excited about learning, seeing and talking to everyone and everything about pole

A strong and confident woman is inspiring no matter what age or size they are. I've had older women come to class who can move with grace and confidence much better than some of my younger students who are hung up on "perfection". 

I don't know if I kick ass, I just know how I FEEL when I move or when I put together some unique combinations together or try something I've seen on Youtube. I have my limits for sure but it doesn't stop me from trying or modifying and working on what works for me.

• CD Hussey fka Jivete

September 17, 2012 at 9:23 am

This thread is such an inspiration! I'm not quite 40 (36) but I do feel my age now and again, especially since I've never been flexible. I do more aerial silks than pole, but I want to dedicate more energy to pole this winter and have been perusing this forum more lately. My silks instructor is over 40 and amazing.

Keep it up everyone and thanks for the inspiration!

• annaze

October 1, 2012 at 5:09 am

I actually started at the age of 14. I think I like pole dancing very much!!

• Cherished

October 1, 2012 at 10:28 am

Wow MariYabe I'm just blown away to find out you are 52 and just to confirm: You kick ass!

• shimz

October 1, 2012 at 2:04 pm

hallo,im 45 now, started 2 1/2 years ago.making a business out of pole  right now and inspired,motivated,teaching respect  for pole dancers to the stereotyping people.now my girls  got so addicted to poledancing they are way way better than i..but i am so happy i have  inspired them in a positive healthy  way.u r on the right place here at sv.u will have everything u need about poledancing..be inspired and u will kickass soon too.

• keex

October 1, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I'm 42 years old. And isn't it awesome to recognize the growing contingency of us "mid-lifers" defying our age and kicking ass in our own unique ways?

• Jenn PoleLush

October 1, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Keex–absolutely your right!  

• vipergal

October 2, 2012 at 10:59 am

I'm 55 and poling now for 3 years! Awesome community!

Page 2 of 4