StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions pole and age

• Black Orchid

October 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm

41 and doing my second competition this weekend. Age really ain't nothin but a number sometimes! Know your own body, yes, and also surprise yourself with how it can push past the limits you assume it has. No matter where pole goes I will always think of it as a "grown sexy" sport and there's nothing more grown sexy than being 40 and up honey 😉

Thanks for the links to the pro polers who are 40 and up! More inspiration for us all.

• Suz Sweeney

October 2, 2012 at 8:06 pm

HI all!! I am 47 and started pole in January this year. I attended pole moves advanced training in August…loving it! I teach beginner and intermediate pole. I live in New Zealand and havent really connected with any of the pole community here yet. I would love to compete someday but dont know how to find those type of events for my age. Oh, I am from California, did my training in L.A.

Any suggestions/connections would be great. Thanks for all you're input, you are all doing an amazing job on the pole and inspiring others! xo

• staygold

October 4, 2012 at 8:51 am

I'm 41 going on 42 and have been poling for a little over a year with zero dance background. I've never been stronger in my life!!! Some days tricks are impossible, but more often than not I find its mind over matter.  Flexibility is a big hurdle & sometimes fear– but I have to believe that we can regenerate & change our bodies through consistently working towards the goals….we are dynamic creatures. Wish I discovered this earlier but its truly amazing what we can do when we are determined:)

• Ascending Slowly

October 4, 2012 at 11:40 am

I love that chemgoddess1 posted all the links I was going to.  I couldn't agree more with whoever said if you FEEL like you kick ass then you do.  I'm a couple of weeks away from 42 and have been poling for a year and a half.  I just posted my first video and it's filled with more floorword than tricks.  I think it conveys my passion for pole and that's what's important.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Hh7Kmj75c&feature=g-upl Trust yourself that when you do what you love the rewards are worth it.  Look how many of us support you!

• CLE Tricia

October 4, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Ascending Slowly, I LOVED your video.  And I want to come dance in your pole room!

Can't speak for anyone else, but I really didn't feel my "full grown sexy self" until I hit 40!  Yeah, I thought I was hot shit in my 20's, spent my 30's trying to be a grown up, but I don't think I would have been the same type of dancer when I was younger.  And I certainly feel more focused and dedicated.

I know a lot of women dread turning the BIG 4-0, but I loved it!  I am loving my 40's.  And from the comments on this post, I think a lot of other women feel the same way.  It can only get better, right?  My mom is in her 70's and my grandma is 94 – I am looking forward to a lot of years of being a hot sexy momma!

Who's with me?

• Kira

October 4, 2012 at 12:57 pm

someone has already mentioned chilli and sassy (who are both smokin' hot!) but Bobbi –  the owner of the world famous Bobbi's pole studio is around the same age as those ladies and I constantly aspire to dance like her!!! she says she does less pole now and focuses more on floorwork but whatever she does – on or off the pole – is always flawless and oozes grace and sexiness!

http://youtu.be/9rnHiRCt0h8

• Alex UPA

October 4, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Hi Donna, I reposted your post on Facebook and we got a couple of responses. Here is the link to the post! http://www.facebook.com/UPArtists/posts/409885212399502?ref=notif&notif_t=share_comment

Hope you find your inspiration! <3 Alex, United Pole Artists

• Grande Dame Marilyn

October 4, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I am 58; started pole when I was 50.  Check out the Facebook group International Pole Fitness for Grande Dames.  A group of ladies who have come together to support each other in our Aerial endevors.

• Athena30

October 4, 2012 at 2:51 pm

do you guys know why bobbi is doing more floorwork now?

• justrenting

October 6, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I'm 45, and I teach pole – one of my classes has several women ranging from late forties to almost 60!  Pole is a wonderful form of fitness for women our age, both physically and spiritually!  Just embrace and enjoy your own unique pole journey <3

• echo234

October 7, 2012 at 12:14 am

I'll be 44 on Tuesday!  I may not kick ass on the pole but I love poling and have a blast doing it.  On the days I'm not at work Im in 2 or 3 pole classes!!  I sqeeze in my stretches and booty work in our closed dinning room at work! lol  Exhausted at 8am I headed to class this morning…. It felt so good to be back after 7 days straight of work and no pole.  Life is good when a pole is handy!!! lol https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• Grande Dame Marilyn

October 8, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Pole Pumas and Internatiional Pole Fitness for Grande Dames has Merged into one Facebook group – for Aerial Arts over 40.  Please feel free to join us.  The video link below describes why we picked the name we did and who we are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GoWOiEiDDU&list=UUXanBPN6XIU-x-O3bO6uXaw&index=1&feature=plcp

• PtOfNoRtrn

October 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I'm 43. Age is just a number.

• ALLEYEZONME

October 8, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Don’t let age set limitations. We all work at our own pace.

• LocheshXXX

January 29, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all who have posted on this subject.

Will def be checking out the Pole Pumas site! 

Page 3 of 4