StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions pole dance and weight loss

• PoleGrrrrl

January 8, 2010 at 6:56 am

My weight from poling hasn’t changed a singe iota but I have got a lot leaner all over – Im currently home (Perth Australia) for the holidays and all my old clothes that didn’t fit properly a couple of years ago are now super loose https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

In fact I’ve actually lost a couple of kilos since I’ve been here (that’s what, like 5 pounds?) because I’m losing muscle like nobodys business due to the lack of exercising and poling since I left (havent even been able to touch a pole for like 3 weeks arrrgh).

I’ve spoken to people about weight and body before and I think there’s a point at which your body says ‘ok, I’m happy here, I’m not going to move’, so if someone’s doing the right thing exercise and diet wise, and not losing weight, its important to listen to their body and not try and force it to be something it doesn’t want to. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

In terms of calories, well I would burn abut 350 in 20 min on the treadmill, so an hour of decent poling I reckon would be at least 450+. But I guess it depends on what you do…

• Audball

January 14, 2010 at 1:37 am

Yeah I think measuring progress solely by weightloss (especially if you’re not overweight to begin with) can be misleading as, as was mentioned before I think, muscle weighs more than fat, so you may well be slimmer, but weigh more. And onviously that’s a positive thing as you’ve then got less fat and more muscle, yay! You can gauge muscle tone loosely on someone fairly slim by just looking… can often see outlines of muscle groups.

In regards to BMI, a lot of my doctor lecturers don’t hold much regard for this method of measuring nutritional control. Yeah it can tell often if a person is really over or underweight. But if you’ve got a naturally short person, who has large muscle mass, or a tall, naturally thin person, the results won’t tell you much. Rather if a person is eating a fairly balanced diet, and exercises regularly, they will usually then be at their ‘natural’ and usually healthy weight.

I’m really encouraged to hear stories of people losing weight by pole dancing. My main goal isn’t really weight loss, but i wouldn’t mind dropping 10lbs or so in the next few months. If that doesn’t happen, i’m happy with maintaining my shape! I know that exercising often helps you to eat better, it’s like you’ve got a reason to do it now!
    Here’s to hoping anyway!

Page 2 of 2