StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions question for instructors/coaches

• Mary Ellyn

March 12, 2010 at 12:22 am

Good point Carrie…a lot of moves will become impossible to name especially at the advanced level I think. I also think that is where we will have the most problems every getting people to agree upon common names.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 12, 2010 at 12:54 am

Caterpillar and butterfly could be classified as descriptive names….the caterpillar can turn into the butterfly, get it?? YOu look like a caterpillar inching up the pole…..makes sense and can be remembered my most students!! I try to avoid using terms like a persons name. I don’t think every single move that has been done by someone has to have a totally different name than the move it was derived from. Most of these are just variations off of other pole moves. So for example (and no I"m not saying this is what we should call it) but for example the Allegra could be called an Open Scorpio or something. It tells the student…hey, get into the Scorpio then open up the move…tah dah. I have never had a complaint about how my moves are labeled so I’m not seeing a problem……..

• Judy Jovanelly

March 12, 2010 at 1:44 am

gonna be a while before it gets unified. who should be the panel that comes up with it ? there are sooo many talented and knowlegeable polers out therem but there is no governing body yet…

• angygirl

March 12, 2010 at 2:05 am

Veenas lessons, in my opinion are the best for me so far…for home polers. you get physiology, proper technique, personal replies from Veena when a call out for help, all the training you will need to get where you need to be. I love them! good luck! I tried a few of the other sites. no complaints really justnot as complete as Veenas.

• Sanchara

March 12, 2010 at 8:04 pm

I don’t see anything wrong with high difficuty moves by people’s names, other sports do it all the time. Ususally they go by the last name tho, not the first. The best example that comes to mind is the "beilman" in Figure Skating and Equestrian Vaulting (wikipole calls a simmilar move the ‘skater’)

for the moment, my plan is to work through the wikipole picture directory alphabetically, not somthing that would neccicarily work for every new poledancer but I alredy have a lot of strength and flexabillity from Vaulting so… I should be fine.

annother quick question tho,
    on average how many moves are in a pole dance routein?

Page 2 of 2