StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions spin up from the floor

• spin up from the floor

Posted by Phoenix Hunter on December 30, 2013 at 12:23 am

How do you do this?! I’m trying to pull myself up from the floor into a low spin. I don’t know the name of this move and I have seen several different ways. some are a low fireman or a cradle. I just can not pull my body up! how do you do it?

Phoenix Hunter replied 10 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Runemist34

December 30, 2013 at 1:16 am

It’s not quite the full “pull up,” but that certainly helps. The major part that I found is that you really have to swing the leading leg around, hard, in order to get your momentum! I find that starting when not-quite facing the pole also helps.

• Phoenix Hunter

December 30, 2013 at 8:00 am

thank-you, will try swinging that leg more. I feel heavy as lead trying to do this move. 🙂

• dustbunny

December 31, 2013 at 11:00 am

This is harder than it looks so dont worry if you cant get it right away. Rune is right, although there is some pull up it is less about pulling up and more about spinning momentum, timing and coordination. Post a vid of your attempts and we could advise you better.

• Tamarinda

December 31, 2013 at 11:41 am

Dirdy Birdy has a good tutorial on 4 ways to get up from the floor and 3 are spins. I’m trying it and it started out pretty sloppy but is slowly getting better. It’s so pretty I can’t wait until mine smooths out. Good luck 🙂 http://youtu.be/YLmZsfJIILg I hope this helps 🙂

• polergirl

December 31, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Get your outside swing leg behind you and *really* sweep it around — let it carry your hips AWAY from the pole so you can get your inside foot underneath you. Keep at it, it’ll come! Spinning up from the floor always looks so gorgeous. 🙂

• Phoenix Hunter

January 2, 2014 at 1:26 am

Thank you everybody!