StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions stripping off leg warmers?

• stripping off leg warmers?

Posted by smokinangel on March 29, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Hi all. I love love love dancing in leg warmers. Buuut, then I go upside down and uh oh. No grip. Anyone know some fun ways to strip them mid song?

Black Orchid replied 12 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • JeHanne

March 29, 2012 at 11:32 pm

During floor work is a really natural time to take them off. You can slowly pull one off, do some moves and then get around to the other before you get back up. I find the easiest positions to get them off is when I am on my side or back, that way I can emphasize the length of the leg. Its a little tricky and you don't want them getting caught on your shoe. 

Practice some different ways and see what feels the most natural way to you. You can play it up by removing them, making face expressions… twirling and throwing them etc or you can keep it down low by geting them off and pushing them out of your way in a subtle way. 

I've seen some dancers just push them down and sort of cuff them so they have knee grip. You lose top of foot contact point and ankle contact can be tough but I have seen dancers strong enough to do it.

• Runemist34

March 30, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Sounds very burlesque to me 😉
    Some ways you could do it…

If you can do an Invert into a V-hip hold (challenging, I know) you could strip off those legwarmers upside down, showing off your amazing skill and your sexy legs at the same time!

Otherwise, if you're flexy, a lot of the ladies in Burlesque like to grab the toe of their stockings and bring their leg up behind them. You could do this while standing and holding the pole for one leg at least!

And then for the other leg, you could potentially climb the pole with the now-naked leg, straighten your other leg, and lean over to push/roll that thing down off your foot!

If you really want to make a show of it, I would say (depending on how it fits with your routine and song!) that you could play with each one. You could push them down around your ankle, like JeHanne said, and then very slowly tease them off your foot… or once their off, you could do something like spinning them around and throwing them away, or put one around our shoulders like a towel (for fun!) and… well, I'm sure you could come up with some fun stuff like that, too!

Hope this helped!

• Black Orchid

March 31, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Runemist, this burlesque dancer is gonna try some of those methods for sure! Trying it from a hip-hold sounds like fun.

I have discovered that just rolling the legwarmers down to past the crook of yr knee/inside of yr leg gives me enough grip for inverted moves…you just get used to gripping a little stronger with the legwarmers on…I have been challenging myself to keep them on longer and when I'm in the air because I've seen some fantastic videos showing that it is indeed possible!