StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions stupid carpet!

• leyrose

August 29, 2013 at 12:44 am

My pole at home is on carpet too… I find it easier to pole bare foot as in shoes I don't seen to be able to move at all. Maybe try those cheap ballet slipper type things with the plastic sole.. I remember sliding around on the carpet with them as a child… I might buy some for myself!

• Linuxgirl

August 29, 2013 at 6:15 am

I put my pole in the kitchen 🙂

• teachtrinity

August 29, 2013 at 7:28 am

I have a 40mm metre square jigsaw mat (the kind you find in martial arts studios) I’ve cut a hole in it and popped it round my pole, it acts as my crash mat and smooth surface to dance on, you can pick them up cheaply, it’s what my pole teacher uses and advised I got, works brilliantly

• teachtrinity

August 29, 2013 at 7:29 am

Just realised you can see the mat in my profile pic 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    August 29, 2013 at 9:29 am

My poles are on carpet and dancing in heels is REALLY difficult, but not impossible. I tend to dance barefoot because of this when I practice though. If I plan on working on floorwork then I put legging on, but then of course you can't dance on the pole as much. So my advice, just keep at it, it is possible to flow on carpet it's just not the perfect option. It's great for challenging your balance. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

• Jacki C

August 29, 2013 at 10:36 am

I had a pole installed on carpet once and basically I segmented my workouts.  I did socks during the warm up (not really doing aerial or hangs) to facilitate rotating on my foot, then took them off for the hard stuff, then put them back on for my cool down/stretching session so I wouldn't get wicked rug burn.  Although socks and carpet are not ideal for the pole, I did find some benefit to poling in socks.  They can help you climb without flexing your bottom foot so you can focus on the knee pinch and upper body strength.  Knee socks worn just below the knee can also help you plant those knee hooks solid. It's kind of a mental thing I do before working on a new posture.  I try a few basic hangs with socks, and then when I take them off I feel like spider woman.  

I have also seen a product used by non pole dancers which basically covers the ball of your foot and does not have toes.  I would have given anything to have known about those when my pole was on carpet.  🙂

• yrngrl

August 29, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Mine is on carpet too. I use those foot undeez things, works great.

• TrixieLovett

August 29, 2013 at 9:12 pm
  • Might Grip

August 29, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Trixie Toes are the answer. Because each toe has it's own slot they will not slip or slide on the foot. We have them in two types; without tack for just floor work or with tack for easy transition from the floor to the pole and back. 

Please see them at: http://www.mightygrip.com

The direct landing page is http://poledance.mightygrip.com/mg_product/trixie-toe-pads/

• Veena

Administrator
    August 29, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Um I had no idea those existed Trixi!!! So cool!!!! I think I might have to get some! I have footundeez but my toes still get twisted when I dance on carpet.

• Might Grip

August 29, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Exactly what I was referring to. This item was designed by Trixie Lovett thus the name. She used to live in Las Vegas but is now located in Hawaii. 

Great little item. 

• Might Grip

August 29, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Exactly what I was referring to. This item was designed by Trixie Lovett thus the name. She used to live in Las Vegas but is now located in Hawaii. 

Great little item. 

• Might Grip

August 29, 2013 at 10:12 pm

We will be at Pole Expo in Las Vegas next weekend if you want to see them.

• paintilady

September 1, 2013 at 2:23 pm

You might try vinyl  flooring, they type that comes in roles, cut out a huge circle and place it under your pole… it will be slippery enough  that socks or trixie toes type footwear will work. 

• paintilady

September 1, 2013 at 2:24 pm

But you will have to cut out a small circle for the  bottom of the pole to go through and still be on the carpet, because once you tighten up the pole and it is on they vinyl the vinyl won't be flat, if that makes sense. 

Page 1 of 2

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now