StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions what are you working on?

• Kira

March 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm

floorwork! aerial inverts with straight legs and marion amber 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    March 11, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I'm workin on new lessons, does that count? lol 

• Caramel Delight

March 11, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Lol it sure does Veena!

• donnalee

March 11, 2012 at 3:21 pm

New lessons from Veena sounds exciting. I am new and am having fun with the ones already posted.

I love this topic. I am also working on: twisted grip handspring (Exciting progress.  I really want to master this move. I will be a SuperWoman once I can do it! Some days I can handspring up, open legs in "V" and hold it a few seconds. Feels great. I can feel the balance and spring in my body. And other days, my lower body feels very heavy and I fumble around getting up in the air and slamming down immediatly.  But getting better.) Also working on extended butterfly. This move is a toughie for me. I think I am doing it and then watch the playback on my camera and my legs are not right. And finally, Aysha! I love doing it. I love the look of it. It is starting to become a move that I can do all the time. Now I am working on holding the pose longer. Next will progress to doing more with my legs in the pose. But right now, I can hold it : )

• donnalee

March 11, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Hookedonpole, I too really want to do handstands against the pole! I can do headstands…..so I think, "Come on, it's just the same in a handstand only with lengthening your arms. But, my body isn't cooperating with my brain on that one…..for the moment. 

• Lyme Lyte

March 11, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Damn extended butterfly…..been working on that for six months now!!!!

• HotelChick

March 11, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Lyme, I feel the same about the ayesha, which is what I’m always working on. Ugh!

• azblanco

March 11, 2012 at 5:23 pm

working on flow, floorwork, and arm strength by doing knee ups with the pole =)

• polergirl

March 11, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I feel like I'm working on everything.

–elbow grip iron x
    –all sorts of drops
    –flag invert
    –straight-legged aerial inverts and shoulder mounts

And always…. flow and fluidity.  ðŸ™‚

• jade s

March 11, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Aerial invert and caterpillar are still my nemesis!! Argh!!

• Kyrsten

March 12, 2012 at 12:23 am

Cartwheels and aerial shoulder mounts… can do them, but they're still hit or miss. :/

Cupid/knee holds… forever my nemesis!

Also working on transitioning in and out of my superman smoothly, and the superman fall, aaand all my back flexibility tricks… allegra, bridge, dove, coccoon…

• JiggaLuv87

March 12, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Lemme start with the ones that REFUSE to cooperate…Im running myself ragged trying to get the caterpillar climb(from a reverse handstand and from an invert) and advanced plank! Trying work on a prettier wrist sit (thanking Kat pole princess for helping me finally get it). Building up strength for the SM (whenever it decide to happen) Basic and aerial inverts, spin combos and working them into a routine, backbend/bridge from a standing position and most importantly of all I've been working day and night stretching cuz I just HAVE to get my splits….Im giving my self 6months for at least a decent amount of flexibility.https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Paunobs

March 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I’m working on elbow grip Ayesha, Scorpio leg switches, SG Ayesha and straight edge, shoulder mount to butterfly and dancing in heels!:-)

• tiggertail

March 12, 2012 at 5:56 pm

When i do practice (not often, lazy me) I work on straight edge, aysha (split grip) can only do it from half handspring which i'm still working on. Trying a bunch of new combo. Oh and i need to relearn the SM because i'm doing it the wrong way lol mixing hands but need to learn it the good way with extended arm…in hope i can get sm to superman, someday. Anyone who want to kick my ass in a skype session is welcome lol

Page 2 of 2