StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions would like some honest opinions..

• would like some honest opinions..

Posted by tarah on October 19, 2011 at 5:00 pm

okay – i know this might seem silly – but i am thinking of having my saline breast implants removed.  i have had them for 6 years without any problems, but i guess my priorities have changed – since i started poling, they are more of an inconvenience than anything.  my husband is not a "boob guy" and he thinks they are too big for my small body type, so he has no problem with me having them removed.  the only reason i am hesitating is that i hate to have to go through another surgery and recovery period (which means no pole for at least a month!).  but then yesterday he was watching my video that i just posted, and said – "your boobs look huge in that top!"  and i was like, okay, that's it!  i called the hawaii breast surgery center and made an appointment for a consultation on nov. 5. 

does anyone here have experience with this?  or an opinion about it?  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

tarah replied 11 years, 2 months ago 19 Members · 44 Replies
  • 44 Replies
  • Cherished

October 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm

No experience with it but my opinion is if you've considered it fully and will end up doing it eventually then sooner is probably better than later. Sometimes things come up down the line and the timing might end up being too inconvenient to get it done. Also health wise undergoing surgical procedures earlier on in life that later seems to be easier on the body and the healing process.

• ORGANIC ANGEL

October 19, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Good luck! I don't think you will be off of the pole for a month. I have seen girls jump right on a month after breast aug. so removing them will probably give the same.I guess it depends on your body's healing process.

• Dancing Paws

October 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm

You do what you feel is best for you personally. Honestly, I don't think they look too big, but maybe I'm not seeing what you guys see? 

• tarah

October 19, 2011 at 6:06 pm

thanks, everyone  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif  i'm looking forward to the consultation to get more info.  i searched online and read about others' experiences, and it ended up being not very helpful – because some had great results, but a few others had negative ones, such as muscle deformity  🙁

@cherished – that's a good point.  they will have to come out eventually, right?

• polegypsy

October 19, 2011 at 6:28 pm

well as said before i think they look fine, i thought they were natural!!

but do what feels right for you. its your body, and you have to be comfortable in your own skin!  good luck ♥

• JeHanne

October 19, 2011 at 6:31 pm

My suggestion is to make this choice based on your goals and feelings. Do this for you and only for you. I think you look amazing and will continue to look amazing regardless of your cup size.

My advice, spend time researching a great surgeon. Sometimes there is extra skin and changes in your anatomy that requires some additional skill to get the exact look you want after the removal. The surgeon makes all the difference in the world.

Consults are so exciting… they get us one step closer to our goals. Wishing you the best of luck! 

• tarah

October 19, 2011 at 7:45 pm

thanks jehanne!  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif  the surgeon here (there is really only one in hawaii)  has an amazing resume (and great before & after photos), so feel pretty good about going to him.  i know my boobs will be droopy afterward, because they were droopy when i was 30 (LOL) and i am now 45!  as long as there is no deformity i will be happy, it will be nice to feel natural.  i find small-breasted women look just as beautiful as large. so  i'm just gonna think positive 🙂

for any experts out there i have saline implants, 225c (about a large B) under the muscle, and i was an AA or A before (not totally flat chested).

• Jag5303

October 19, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I’ve thought about getting mine removed, or smaller, too. I’m going to wait to make sure hubby and I are done having kids(which I think we are 95% sure), before I do it, because if I can’t get this currnt baby weight off…. I might have the Doc help me with that too!

But yes, they get in the way…and I always feel like they are gonna fall out of my clothes during certain tricks. I say go for it!

• tarah

October 19, 2011 at 8:10 pm

@jag5303 – that is exactly the problem!  i'm tired of my boobs falling out of my tops  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_safesex.gif  it would be so nice to be upside down and not worried about it.  thanks!!  🙂

• JeHanne

October 19, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Go for it Tarah! Let us know if you decide to go for it so we can send well wishes your way for quick healing. : ) 

• TinyDancer04

October 20, 2011 at 12:04 am

Well first of all I would suggest you make sure you have given this a lot of thought.
    Maybe try and remember what the reasons were that you got your implants in the first place?
    If there is nothing actually wrong with them.. Is it worth going through a surgery again.
    I hate to say this but I really hope that whatever decision you make is for you and not your husband.
    I often watch your videos and I honestly think they look fantastic!
    Definately not too big at all.
    It’s a very personal decision and doesn’t need to be made in a rush.

• tarah

October 20, 2011 at 12:35 am

thanks, ladies!  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

@jehanne –  thank you so much!  i will probably wait until may though, since i'm going on vacation to visit my family on the east coast end of may/june!

@tinydancer – thank you!  i have thought about it.  the reason i got them in the first place was stupid.  for one thing, i was living in florida (the land of boobs where girls get them while they're still in high school).  and a close male friend of mine liked the idea (a boob guy), AND he had his chinese medicine practice in the same office as the plastic surgeon i went to.  i had my fun with them and enjoyed all the attention when i was single and dating – but that was years ago.  i'm definitely not doing it for my husband!  you are right, though, it is a serious decision and i have thought it over.  thank you for the compliment, though, you are very sweet  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_heart1.gif

• JeHanne

October 20, 2011 at 12:41 am

You are welcome! : ) 

• ORGANIC ANGEL

October 20, 2011 at 7:52 am

oooops, I meant that I have seen them jump on a week after aug.

• Sarahb69

October 20, 2011 at 8:25 am

This is definitely a purely personal decision. I trained with a girl who had fabulously large implants and she didn't seem to have any trouble working around them, a tight sports bra kept them mostly in place…and they were definitely larger than yours.

I think your chest looks fabulous, but also not totally proportionate to your frame. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion…but then my opinion would change if there were say a D or DD instead of a B! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

I have a natural D cup, but then I've had kids and add to that being older and the things gravity has done to my body, I'd love to get my boobs fixed. The thing is, I'd rather just have them pulled back up to where they used to be. Nothing to be done though because recovery from a lift is almost as long as having implants, if not longer depending on which surgeon you ask. In any case, that is just something I cannot afford to do money-wise, and if I could afford it, I can think of other things I need first…like my second house pole installed, my laminate installed in my basement pole area, or say a new house with taller ceilings! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

So, make sure you go over everything with your surgeon during your consult, and make sure 100% that you are doing it for the right reason…for YOU!

Page 1 of 3