StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions would like some honest opinions..

• Dancing Paws

October 21, 2011 at 7:48 pm

tarah – Being a bio major, once I learned about botulism, I swore up and down that I would never do it. After suffering years of chronic debilitating headaches, and trying literally every pain medication, mucle relaxers, holostics, and literally every other weird possible treatment available, then I decided to give botox a try out of desperation. It's so weird havig no control over your muscles.

• tarah

October 21, 2011 at 9:34 pm

@sensualscimitar – in your case, it totally makes sense.  i mean, if none of those other treatments worked for you – you need a SERIOUS muscle relaxer.  and that's what botox does, right?  how is it working out? 

i know how you feel about last resorts.  i tried every imaginable remedy for my insomnia (even shamanic healing, lol) – and nothing worked.  had to go with western medicine.

• Dancing Paws

October 22, 2011 at 11:02 am

It didn't really work! Weirdly enough, I'm finding, not enough coffee, and too much coffee gives me headaches. I think I need one cup a day and that is it. I can't go without, and I can't have more than that. That's the only thing I am doing differently and my headaches are spreading out in frequency. 

• tarah

October 22, 2011 at 9:03 pm

wow.  wouldn't that be amazing if all you had to do was drink a certain amount of coffee every day!!!!!!!!!!!    https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif        i can't even have a little coffee. (it doesn't wire me up, it kind of relaxes me, but then about 4-5 hours later, i crash) 

• Dancing Paws

October 22, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Well, I'm HOPING that's the fix. That's kinda weird you don't get wired although the crash is pretty typical of caffeine.

• tarah

October 22, 2011 at 9:32 pm

ya.  instead i make a chocolate chai latte – bengal spice tea, cocoa, and soy milk  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_porc.gif

then i don't feel so deprived.

• Runemist34

October 23, 2011 at 12:00 am

On the topic of caffiene, I tend to get migraines FROM caffiene! I've heard that it helps a lot of people, but I'm rather the opposite. I used to drink pop (like Rootbeer and Coke) like water, and my migraines got SO bad.

Now, since I stopped drinking it, I can barely have one cup of caffinated tea without being totally wired, or getting a migraine. I find tea effects me more than pop, and I've never been a coffee drinker.

Doctor said I should cut out caffinated tea, coffee, pop and chocolate. I told him I could do three of those… I bet you can guess which three ;P

No chocolate, and I'd probably kill someone within a month. >_< haha

• tarah

October 23, 2011 at 12:22 am

runemist, i think chocolate is different!   i don't drink any caffeinated beverages at all, because i don't like the side effects, but i seem fine with chocolate.  and i like "healthy" chocolate, at least 70% cacao – love those endangered species bars!  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_porc.gif

• Runemist34

October 23, 2011 at 12:37 am

Tarah, I think chocolate is different, too! I particularly like milk chocolate, but dark chocolate is good, too! I like stuff that is…er, higher quality, I guess. If it's made locally, I tend to like that more! I'm particularly in love with salt + caramel + chocolate right now!

I'm lucky, there are a couple of places in town that make chocolate here, and they aren't too expensive. And I'm totally addicted! I'm considering cutting out "name brand" chocolate, and just going to them for my needs. 😉

• tarah

October 23, 2011 at 12:54 am

wow, the home made chocolate sounds awesome!  i don't think milk chocolate is so bad, it's just the "name brand" kinds that add all kinds of junk in (like that castor oil stuff that they're using now  to replace cocoa butter because it's cheaper (i forget what it's called) – once i found out about that, i was like, no more!!

• Laura KittyCat

October 23, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Id like to add to the coments about how big boobs fall out of tops when poling. I am an a cup and mine like to peek out of my sports bras all the time. I think its a gravity thing 🙂 i used to be insecure about my small boobs, but they are very perky and my nipples are perfectly sized. It took me a while to realize that big is not always pretty and small is not always ugly. I have lost some boob meat thanks to pole, but i love my 6 pack, and the less boob i have, the less i smush against the pole when doing some spins. I hope all goes well with your reduction!

• tarah

October 24, 2011 at 12:32 am

thanks kittycat!  it's totally a gravity thing!  just think about having two bags of saltwater attached to your chest while you are upside down, lol  https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif&nbsp; at least with small ones, you don't have to wear such huge sports bras/tops.

• Kayla007

July 11, 2013 at 6:42 am

Tarah, I remember that you got your implants removed and then I stumbled across this blog. I'm a DD and I feel like my implants are more of an inconvenience and that they are just affecting my lifestyle. I can't workout like I want to, daily activities are uncomfortable, I hate shopping, its hard to find a bra that fits, and not to mention how I hate my boobs or nipple falling out of all my tops when I pole lol. I recently when to a PA and he thinks the implants are just too big for my body but he also wants me to get a lollipop lift as well and he says it'll take me 3-5 months to heal and during that time I will constantly have to wear a very specific bra to produce minimal scarring.

So the question I want to ask you, is how long did it take for you to heal, and did you just have the implants removed or did you have a lift as well? How long was it before you were back on the pole and back to your previous comfort level, and does not having them make poling easier?

• tarah

July 11, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Hey girl, sorry to hear about your troubles! I had the implants removed, without any other procedures. My surgeon did it in her office with just a local anesthesia. It was a while ago, but I think it took me a couple of weeks to heal and be able to do normal activities, and about 6 weeks before I could pole. 🙂

Page 3 of 3