StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions wrist sit

• pink33

January 1, 2011 at 1:37 pm

slipping down the pole.  Is it my grip? This is a tough one for me. 

• chemgoddess1

January 1, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Pink…how are you holding you bottom hand?  Your thumb should be facing up and you should be sitting on it.

• pink33

January 5, 2011 at 3:48 pm

CHEMGODDESS1,  That was the issue!!!!  Thank you xo

• chemgoddess1

January 5, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Pink….I just had one of my local girls that was having the same issue and she was doing that same thing.  You can thank MommaBear on here.

• MommaBear

January 5, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Who knew sticking your thumb up your butt could fix the problem LMAO

Every time I get this now, I can't help but giggle cause in the back of my head I'm thinking "thumb in the butt, thumb in the butt."

Another thing Chem taught me that night – Butterfly – for that one I just have to remember to stick my head way down in there and "smell my armpit" and I have perfect form LOL  

Yes, I have an usual learning style.  Once I get upside down I can't grasp right from left or which is the strong arm, so I use silly sayings like "thumb in the butt" and "smelly pit". 

• pink33

January 5, 2011 at 10:14 pm

MOMMABEAR- If we had a "like" button I'd "like" your reply.  ðŸ™‚

• miki

January 6, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Haha that`s a really good way to train your brain! Any other  associations you come up with, let us know!

• AmberJCahill

January 7, 2011 at 8:19 am

One tip: Really think about contracting your abs and lifting your legs up rather than 'sitting' on your wrist. It helps to control the move by not putting all the weight and emphasis on your wrist.

• pink33

January 7, 2011 at 10:35 am

TheGirlsRoomInc:  Thanks for the tip!

• pink33

January 7, 2011 at 1:29 pm

TheGirlsRoomInc:  THAT DID IT!  Thank you, that's the exact tweaking I needed.  I did it!  ðŸ™‚

• AmberJCahill

January 7, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Awesome! I'm so glad! Just had a student with the similar problem! 🙂

• Prncsopowr

January 7, 2011 at 11:32 pm

One of my friends told me to "think about giving myself a proctology exam" when I was struggling with it.  So I know I think about violating myself and BAM wrist sit is there!

Page 2 of 2