StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions A bit more Optimism

• A bit more Optimism

Posted by ladylannae on October 21, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Do you ever just stop and look at your progress? Just take a moment and look with amazement at how far you’ve come. For me its something I do often, because its hard to believe how far I’ve come. Seems like only yesterday I was struggling, feeling overwhelmed and frustrated at my lack of progress. I struggled with strength, grip, stamina and inverting seemed damn near impossible.

I actually remember posting about it here on the discussion board. Veena read it and gave me a few words of encouragement and advice. I took both and many moons later, I find myself here at this point in time doing so much with such ease. Tricks and spins I looked at and told myself “never in a million years, would I be able to do any of that” (Oh man was I wrong!) lol

But I know there is so much more work to be done, however, I can look upon my progression with a bit more optimism. =)

Elyse Hauke replied 7 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • travelerunderstars4916

October 21, 2016 at 8:59 pm

This. This is exactly what I needed to hear today! I was just about to go struggle and work and stretch and wonder if I’ll ever get that far! Thank you for your encouragement!

• Ldadams426622

October 21, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Your words give me hope because I work on this hobby almost everyday!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 21, 2016 at 11:50 pm

This is a great post!!!! 💜💜💜💜

• Queenofwands10009677

October 22, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Agreed! Isn’t it amazing how much happiness and confidence pole can bring to your life? Keep up the good work.

• Elyse Hauke

October 25, 2016 at 1:01 pm

A fantastic post indeed! I record everything (well I try to record everything, sometimes technology doesn’t cooperate.) I watch my footage after every practice and find that I am more and more excited to keep going because progress can be seen on a daily basis that I don’t always realize in the moment. Even when progress isn’t seen daily, every bit counts and we should give ourselves praise and let us not forget about the happy accidents that can also be found along the way. It’s not easy work but the payoff is so rewarding. Bask in your glory girl! You’ve earned it!