StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anybody has an experience with Lupit Pole Grip?

• Anybody has an experience with Lupit Pole Grip?

Posted by BunnyBun on December 4, 2016 at 11:08 pm

I have been thinking of buying Lupit Pole Grip, I have problems with sweaty hands and I still have not find a grip I would like to stick to (no pun intended). So far I have tried regular liquid chalk (works for doing one trick, then I sweat through it), Dry Hands and Divine Grip (did not work for me at all) and Mighty Grip (worked as good as the regular liquid chalk, kinda meh). I do not have a problem to grip the pole with my other body parts – elbow, thighs, etc. it is only hands that seem to be the problem. I think part of the problem so far is that my actual grip on the pole is weak because I do not have much strength in my arms and wrists, so as I progress, maybe I will gain enough strength that sweating will not be such an issue. In the meantime, it is really frustrating having to climb down after a single trick while others are able to do several in the row.

There are still several grip aids I have yet to try but Lupit is the only to which I have not found many reviews online. Lupit Grip is a tiny pillow with two sides (duh) – black one for cleaning your pole, pink for sucking the moisture out of your hands. Anybody has a personal experience with this thing?

Suzanna replied 7 years, 3 months ago 8 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Goat on a Pole

December 4, 2016 at 11:37 pm

I haven’t used it or heard of it, but I recognized your description hahaha. My pole instructor swears by it and has sweaty hands, loves that it can be used on the pole itself, and she’s going to start carrying them at our studio because she loves it so much. I was thinking about buying one once they start carrying it, so I’m anxious to follow this thread as well.

• Ldadams426622

December 5, 2016 at 10:20 pm

I have tried every product to no avail, so I use mighty grip gloves. I feel much safer. I have 2 kinds: 1 for static pole and 1 for spinner.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 5, 2016 at 11:24 pm

I’ve not heard of that product, just the pole. Sounds neat tho!

• Luckyjmt

December 6, 2016 at 2:56 am

I have one–came with my lupit pole. It works very well but is very very sticky…almost too sticky if you aren’t careful about application. It stands up better to heat/sweaty hands than iTac or liquid chalk. Works well for me.

• Rose2011

December 6, 2016 at 11:54 pm

I have one of the Lupit pads and I love it.

• Claire Moon

December 8, 2016 at 2:29 am

I’ve only been on them once, in competition. I’ve heard the pillow thingy works great. Just be warned, the powder chalk stuff in the pillow, when in contact with iTac, results in slippery disaster. Do not use them together.

• Suzanna

December 8, 2016 at 5:18 pm

I don’t have the experience with Lupit, but every other aid that you described didn’t work for me… some were too sticky at the same time that they were slippery (sweat on a top of the stickiness, grrr). I found that the plain chalk (I found a good smelling one online 🙂 ) works the best. It dries out the sweat on my hands nicely, then I can struggle just with my weak hands 🙂 I apply it just a little, when needed. Less and less as time goes. Even when I start sweating on my ankles and heals (yeah, a weird thing) I can apply it there and it is all good for the inversions. Highly recommended for sweaty hands. It won’t help with that weak grip (I wish it did, ha ha), but that’s a matter of time to get stronger.