StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Anyone have a pole in a trailer house?

• Anyone have a pole in a trailer house?

Posted by moonlitmare on December 9, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I haven’t poled in atleast 2 years and want to get back with it. I’m now at school living in a trailer park. I bought a new X pole at the beginning of the semester and have yet to put it up becauseI ran into a structural snag…
    I have one of the “newer” homes, a 1998. It has a shingled roof so it’s a kinda vaulted ceiling with a long flat section in the middle. Problem is, I’ve discovered there seems to be no studs running across that flat section??? So it seems there are only two beams running along the length of the house,
    (that just so happens to Boarder the flat section. ) The flat section is 8′ tall. So I’m already cutting it close. I think the angled part of the ceiling would be too low to put a permanent mount on if there does happen to be studs there. Which there must be right? I mean, how else is this thing standing??
    So, anyone out there with experience with this? I searched old threads and it doesn’t look promising, but there wasn’t specifics mentioned about the type of trailer they were in. Any thoughts appreciated. I so much miss hanging upside down.

Webmaster replied 7 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Krista Bocko

December 11, 2016 at 7:37 pm

bump…!!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    December 11, 2016 at 9:15 pm

You’ll need check with your home’s manufacturer. There are different regulations regarding the construction of mobile homes of any kind and homes with foundations. There may not be enough structure to support the upward force of the pole.