StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Chopper to Gemini (outside leg hang) tips please

• Chopper to Gemini (outside leg hang) tips please

Posted by Adventures of Alice on July 28, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Hi ladies

I can chopper and have a solid gemini but I can’t seem to get a smooth transition into the knee pit from the chopper.

I end up having to put my legs into the pole after chopper and then readjusting to get the knee hang right.

Any suggestions to make things smoother?

Thanks

Juicy J replied 7 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Adventures of Alice

July 28, 2016 at 8:30 pm

*onto the pole

• Veena

Administrator
    July 28, 2016 at 8:50 pm

It’s almost always a matter of strength, that is if your technique is correct! A stronger invert it the cleanest way to get the knee pit grip you’re looking for. You could try using the Invert program here! https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/574d064b-b39c-4d95-9d2e-0010ac110006

Solid side pole holds are key for helping you control the invert allowing you to V, gemini or whatever you want.

• LatinPoler

July 28, 2016 at 10:30 pm

Make sure that your hooking knee is above your hands with and strong invert as Veena points out. It this doesn’t happen smoothly, you can lift your body a little with the hands still on the pole and adjust the knee. It doesn’t look too bad if you do it quickly. Do this by pulling the pole, so your weight is mainly on your hands and you are free to “fine-tune” the knee. Then release the body and hands. My studio instructor told me that I should hook the leg correctly at first try, because then it’s very difficult to re-adjust, but for me, the method I explain here works if I am not able to hook my knee cleanly. I know it’s not good technique though – use at are own risk 🙂

• Adventures of Alice

August 3, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Thanks for your replies.

I tried again hooking the knee from a basic invert first and realised that by inverting with my hands a little lower, my knee naturally hooked onto the pole. I’m going to keep practising from basic invert first, getting it smooth and looking pretty going into Gemini before I do v/chopper.

• Bellini

August 4, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Omg.. I just realized I’m in the same boat. I always need to do extra lift to get my kneepit around the pole, it never reaches it smoothly. I have short torso and long arms and legs, so it affects to everything, but still. I have to figure this out. 😀 How low is it possible to keep your hands when inverting? I have kept them near my face.

• Juicy J

August 4, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Bellini, I am similar to you in that I invert with my hands around my face but you can probably drop your hands to your shoulder height and still be able to invert from it and then hook the knee on.