StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Crash mat thickness?

• Crash mat thickness?

Posted by LatinPoler on January 17, 2017 at 12:24 am

Hi, I’m considering to purchase a crash mat. I have Yoga Direct and Lupit Pole in mind. Any recommendation? Also, what about the thickness? The thicker the better I guess. But I don’t think I will do tricks too high, my current pole is an x-stage (standard B pole). I think I saw somewhere a graph that recommended the necessary thickness for each height, but I cannot find it now. Thanks!

LatinPoler replied 7 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • AllysonKendal

January 17, 2017 at 2:39 am
  • Phoenix Hunter

January 17, 2017 at 4:52 am

I got the thickest one available 5 inch? . I don’t think it makes much of a difference. But I say get the thicker one if you can. I’ve tried 4 inch and it was good too. Mentally I just like having the thicker one

• hannimator

January 17, 2017 at 8:41 am

I think we have 4 and 5 inch at the studio. I got 6 inch for home, since I’m less likely to have a spotter and sometimes I will be poling without someone in the house so I feel safer with bigger. Also, I completely forgot how big 6 inches is and got a massive surprise. I’m still convinced it’s thicker than 6! XD I have an x-stage light with the fat bottom of the pole, and just got an ordinary pole crash mat (you can get ones specific for the stage but they are super pricey!) and it fit around the base no problem. A tiny bit snug maybe. Only problem with getting a crash mat smaller diameter than the stage is that if you fall off you might hit the stage, which hurts. I managed to fall out of D and smack my tailbone on the edge of the stage, which hurt. A lot.

• LatinPoler

January 17, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Thanks ladies!