Flip the Grip

AllysonKendal Previous Paid Member
Hey there.

One of the things I'm going to work on this year is flipping my grip, in hopes to one day do a badass Cocoon (I'm thinking that might be on my 2018 list). This is what I mean by "flipping my grip"

I'm working on my stretching, strengthening, and working with a strap.... but I was wondering what is the best position to work on this. I've seen people do it in Dancer pose, Pigeon, Lunges, and Bow pose.

I'm assuming Pigeon would be the easiest... but I'd love to hear other peoples opinions or any advice or struggles they have overcome with regards to this. :)
15 days ago from New Jersey, United States
Veena
These will all help you work toward that position: Foot to head lesson is a great one for this [www.studioveena.com] Also the back mobility routine, the, Advanced Ballerina Stretch [www.studioveena.com]

Upper back and shoulder stretch [www.studioveena.com]

and Reverse shoulder stretch [www.studioveena.com]

Be sure to stretch the triceps and shoulders before working on this from pigeon. You could start with the listed stretches above then end with the pose.
15 days ago from San Francisco, California, United States
Phoenix Hunter Paid Member
Everything Veena mentioned and continue working on your pigeon with a strap like you've been doing. Not too long ago I couldn't get this pose either. I did the stretches Veena mentioned and king pigeon with a strap. I had to use a strap for veenas balllerina stretch too. And stretch out your hip flexors and quads as well. It's a very compressive pose. You will get it. The strap is your friend!
14 days ago from California, United States

prettybicycle7855
This is the greatest site on the internet. Honestly, your lessons have done so much to improve my form and technique that I could never thank you enough. You're awesome.
more testimonials