StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Getting out of Basic Invert Help

• Getting out of Basic Invert Help

Posted by ammarice on January 14, 2017 at 1:34 pm

I have a solid basic invert, but I have a question about “reversing” said invert. Once you’re in a chopper, for example, in theory I think it should be possible to go back down the same way you came up. So from a chopper, you could tuck your legs in (inverted tuck, I think), lower your hips back down into a knee tuck hold thing (that’s the technical name for it, right? :P), and then lower your feet to the ground.

I’m asking because I pulled a muscle in my neck attempting this (it was a rough week getting back to normal), and am assuming/hoping my technique in coming down must be wrong. I know I follow Veena’s technique correctly getting up, and I feel I should be strong enough to reverse the move, since I’m strong enough to properly and consistently get into the move. I’m hoping for some pointers and things to focus on so I can work on this more without hurting myself.

Phoenix Hunter replied 7 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Stormy AKA PastinaBallerina

January 14, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Getting up can be easier than coming down because you can use momentum. I don’t know what your solid basic invert looks like. Are you kicking up or dead lifting your weight? Either way the strength it takes to come down slowly and in control is definitely greater, so don’t feel bad if you can go up but not come down yet! Have you done or seen Veena’s Ab Challenge? https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/529fa5da-d154-4b47-9cde-67460a9aa0eb I highly recommend it! At least the “Roll ups” exercise, really focusing on coming down super slowly. You’re on the ground so it will take your neck out of the equation until your core is strong enough! And you can always bring your legs to the pole to get out of an invert while your neck is mending!

• ammarice

January 14, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I can deadlift with bent legs, and almost deadlift with straight legs (sometimes I can, but most of the time I need to bend them a little to get up). I’ll have a look at the core workout, that seems like a good starting place to begin training this again.

• Phoenix Hunter

January 14, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I agree with what robinska said. These can be harder to lower out of than get into.i injured myself starting out from lowering these. Don’t do it for a while . Work on veenas side tucks with v legs maybe.