StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Gross Old Men?

• Gross Old Men?

Posted by VerticalVixen on June 24, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to ask the girls that dance for a living how they get over grinding up on old gross men. I thought about on many occasions becoming an exotic dancer, but the thought of smiling at weird old guys gave me the creeps. How do you get use to that?

GiedreB replied 7 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    June 24, 2016 at 10:11 pm

My views and thoughts are coming from times spent in clubs in the past and knowing many girls who’ve worked as exotic dancers. I have done amateur nights before I discovered pole, but have never worked in a club. However, these days I do get opportunity to perform with as much or as little clothing as I like for all kinds of folks every few weeks so here in SF so are my thoughts.

First, not all strip clubs are the same, I would say it’s important to check out the club you plan on working in. See what the patrons are like, watch how the girls are treated by the staff too, different clubs attract different type of people. Most girls will even sit down and talk with you, at least that’s been the case when I use to go. Usually (not always) you get the job by doing amateur night which can give you a look into how things are run before you work there. Remember in many (not all) clubs you don’t get a ton of stage time, most money is made hustling for private dances.

Now to answer your old man question, lol what is a gross old man? Are you just referring to someone who’s older and there for is seen as creepy because they enjoy looking at women? Just because someone isn’t 23 and enjoys looking at women doesn’t make them creepy. If they come in with poor hygiene or shout rude things, try and grab at you, that’s creepy and rude regardless of age! There are good and bad customers in every industry, you know those people who give you a bad vibe) but realize that many people who enjoy exotic entertainment are not creepy, or bad people they just enjoy the tease. Too often we place anything related to sexuality as gross, dirty or secret but sexuality is healthy and a normal part of everyones life!

I will add, think about why you want to dance in a club, if it’s because you enjoy the pleasure of the tease, and you love movement and flirting, the go for it. If you’re wanting lot of money fast or want to feel better about yourself, not a good idea! Don’t ever put yourself in a sexual situation you’re not comfortable with!

• VerticalVixen

June 24, 2016 at 10:50 pm

I was thinking more like poor hygiene, more than 55 years old, creepy types that might try grabbing. I should have been a bit more specific. Whoops. Ha

• VerticalVixen

June 24, 2016 at 10:51 pm

That is some great advice. I was wondering how all of that worked to get some insight.

• Brittanyshanah1663

July 14, 2016 at 3:38 am

So true, everything she said is the way it is. I danced for 4 yrs. The money was great however eventually you get tired of the constant mind games you have to play. And I’d take a 55yr old with money over a 21 yr old on a Friday night with $30 in his wallet. Older men visiting the clubs most likely have money so they are the ones who buy multiple dances or will take you to VIP all night.

• AllysonKendal

July 15, 2016 at 1:09 pm

I just want to add to what Veena was saying “There are good and bad customers in every industry”… its so true.

People ask me all the time, as a dentist, how I get over looking at peoples “gross” mouths. I see people with gum disease, bad breath, rotting teeth, I’ve pulled week old chicken from between someones teeth… but it’s my job, and I’m used to it. I know I’m doing a service for people, and helping to provide for my family. It’s amazing how fast you become desensitized to it. I imagine it’s the same with anything.

(I also felt this way in anatomy lab at first, and somehow you just get used to being around body parts)

When I worked at the Gap in high school, people would leave used tampons in the dressing room, or booger filled tissues, or dirty diapers. There are gross people in ever age group and gender!

Babysitters have to clean up some pretty gross messes. Same with people who work with animals. There are gross aspect to every job.

A family member of mine has a job deals with abused children… I think I’d take “gross” over sad any day!

• GiedreB

July 23, 2016 at 11:15 am

AllysonKendal you made me lol. Just the other day I pulled out pieces of sausage and white bread from a patient’s tooth. Now THAT is what I call gross lol. But as you said. You get used to it. It didn’t make me cringe, it made me laugh in my head.