StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Human PapillomaVirus (HPV high grade)

• Human PapillomaVirus (HPV high grade)

Posted by EmaBunny on January 19, 2016 at 6:39 pm

About a year ago I had a new boyfriend and it was time for my annual physical. To keep a prescription for birth control pills, women need to have a checkup every year. A pap smear test and HPV test were included in this appointment. My results came back as abnormal PAP test and positive for HPV high risk strain, so my primary care doctor sent me to a gynecologist.
    I arrived at the gynecologist and she reviewed my pap results. She then said something like, “oh, I see you have HPV high risk,” The gynecologist explained that it was a common STD and it could lead to cervical cancer. She said that it was a virus and there is just a treatment with Cervugid Ovules (vaginal suppositories). The gynecologist then told me that she wanted to do a biopsy of my cervix to see how many abnormal cells I had and check on their level of cancer-causing evilness.
    During this conversation, I was in a state of disbelief. I had an STD?! WTF?
    I went home and started to research HPV and about this treatment for HPV high risk – Cervugid that my obgyn told me about it.
    I went to the gynecologist again to have a cervical biopsy. The doctor was looking for healthy cells that were beginning to display abnormalities. If too many cells changed for the worse, I was going to have a LEEP procedure.
    This was definitely not a procedure I wanted to have and I worried about it every time I had a doctor’s appointment. At one point, a lot of my cells converted to the dark side and I preferred to try first Cervugid Ovules and if it not works to do LEEP. So I started the treatment with Cervugid Ovules. This treatment is done in 6 courses (6boxes). One ovule per night for 12nights (1 course). After the first box I had a break for 7days and I started with the second box (second course), after the second box I had again a break for 7day and I started with the third box (third course). After doing 3 courses, the doctor advised me to repeat the treatment after 6 months of break again with 3 courses.
    I was very lucky that after 6 courses of Cervugid Ovules, I did again all medical tests and my PAP test came back to normal and the HPV test came negative. I’m so I’m happy that i got rid of HPV high risk which can lead to cervical cancer.

nocervugid3226 replied 7 years, 7 months ago 7 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    January 19, 2016 at 7:27 pm

I’m glad you’re all clear now and you didn’t have to do the LEEP! I’ve had many worried friends with news of HPV. I do know HPV is extremely common and often clears on it’s own, usually you don’t even know you have it. For those reading, one of the best things you can do for your sexual health is to avoid smoking, by not smoking and living well, you’ll decrease STD’s and STI’s affecting you in a really nasty ways. Smoking’s not just bad for your lungs, but sexual health as well.

• honolulusushi53412

January 19, 2016 at 11:22 pm

Glad you are educating people about this.

• WispaAP

January 31, 2016 at 3:12 pm

This worries me slightly. My ex boyfriend went for an STD check 2 weeks after we split up where he discovered he had a mild strain of HPV. Hes only told me about it, no previous partner, and I know for a fact that before him I was clean. I know it can lie dormant for years before showing any symptoms, which is why I wanted him to tell other partners to find out where it came from but hes not done so. Here in Scotland we have HPV vaccinations in high school but Im still worried and going for my first smear soon now that Im 20.

• PrincessPeach

January 31, 2016 at 8:54 pm

To my knowledge, there isn’t a HPV test for men. So how he found out he had a “mild strain” I don’t know..? I watched a very interesting programme on HPV a few years back, which explored the benefits of vaccinating boys. They wanted to vaccinate them because they can carry it undetected and can get a “clean” sti test despite being a HPV carrier. It’s very interesting to know that American citizens have to have a yearly check up to continue their birth control. I wonder if this is something that should be rolled out in the UK, as so many UK citizens miss their tests. I’m glad to hear they caught you in time and things are looking up. Thanks for sharing your story and reminding everyone of the importance of these tests.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    February 1, 2016 at 12:42 am

Hey guys, I hope I can help put everyone’s minds at ease a bit. Human sexuality is a bit hobby of mine, and thus STIs fall square in the middle of that.

There is a lot of stigma surrounding STDs, and HPV is the leading the charge right now. HPV while it carries some small risk of cancer is not the big scary dangerous monster it is made out to be and most everyone reading this will have at least one if not more HPV infections in their lifetime and clear it without even knowing they had it.

Please keep in mind, the most dangerous symptom of HPV and most STIs is SOCIAL STIGMA. The emotional damage far outweighs the small amount of risk. This stigma has its roots our western culture’s very conservative and religious background.

Because of how low risk this particular virus is, pelvic exam recommendations are starting to move towards every two to three years. More frequent exams fail to give your body time to clear infections on its own and lead to emotional distress with no improved health benefit due to the high amount of social stigma assigned to an infection that is benign in most people it infects.

There are over 100 strains of HPV that humans can catch. Most are asymptomatic, several cause warts and several can cause cancer. The cancer causing strains, most commonly 16 and 18, are the ones considered high-risk. Most of the time your body will clear an HPV infection on its own.

The only time doctors generally will, or should, consider treatment for HPV is if your PAP is showing abnormal cells and even then progression towards cancer is so slow that they will often choose to simply watch and wait because your body has some phenomenal mechanics to combat cervical abnormalities. Your cervix really is a phenomenal organ in so many ways and is actually built to clear abnormalities and keep itself healthy.

If treatment is elected, it will generally be in the form of a LEEP. There are no medicines proven to combat HPV except preventative ones. If anyone tells you that they have a medicine that will clear HPV be very wary of their motivations.

As to male diagnosis, there is no effective routine HPV test for men short of an anal PAP which is only recommended for homosexual men with a certain number of partners. For heterosexual men who are engaging in vaginal intercourse you will never have an HPV test as part of a standard STI panel.

Because most HPV infections clear on their own you will also never track down where it came from, and there is really no need to.

The best news is that high-risk HPV generally is accompanied by a cofactor to progress to an abnormal PAP. The most common cofactor is smoking. You are three times more likely to contract an HPV infection from an infected partner and three times less likely to clear one if you smoke. Don’t smoke and eat well and you will equip your body to deal much better with all the little nasties you’ll run into in this world.

• nocervugid3226

September 17, 2016 at 10:15 pm

I am pasting my experience here so you don’t make the same mistake!

After searching the internet for cures for BV and HPV, I ran across Cervugid Ovules I noticed that all of the blogs that had listings/information, it seemed like maybe their team were the ones leaving the info (leaving testimonials with instructions on how to take? Questionable…), but I ignored it because I was thinking how else does someone in Romania push their products into the US organically? When I wrote to ask questions, Alex (the creator of the product) was very attentive. I went ahead and ordered two rounds of it, based on our email exchange, I had been dealing with reoccurring BV ever since my colpo, and I was hoping the ovules would just about cure anything and everything, I guess… Of course, it was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I used a suppository the first day, and felt a few tweaks inside my abdomen that were unusual. I ignored them, thinking it was the medicine doing its job. On the second day of use, I was getting STABBING PAINS in what I would *guess was my left ovary. They were so sudden and severe that I literally jumped out of my seat as they happened. No, no, no, that is definitely NOT right. I wrote to Alex, to let him know what was going on, he said no one had ever had that reaction. I told him I would like to send back all of the unopened boxes – a little less that $300 worth of medicine that I simply will not use. When something causes pain like that in the body, you’d better listen! All of a sudden, the email correspondence stopped. No response. No refund. No nothing. I can’t even tell you if these work or not, because after the second day of using them and the incredible jolts of pain I experienced, I stopped using them. Pain free now, and I looked for a less severe answer. I found boric acid suppositories; ordered them for a fraction of the cost and they worked. Avoid the costly (and painful!) mistake of ordering cervugid ovules. Do not buy them – there is a reason they are not approved for use anywhere!