StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Looking for pole buddies

• Looking for pole buddies

Posted by bebenancy on April 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I recently received my letter of acceptance Penn State's nursing program in Altoona and sadly to say…the closest pole studio is in Pittsburgh, which happens to be 2 hours away 🙁 I'm hoping to find people in the area who will be willing to meet up or know of studios that may not be listed yet in the area. I thought if anything there would be a studio in Happy Valley, but no luck finding one on google search.

I'll be leaving for school this August and the program is 16 months. Really hoping that I'm not the only one out there that loves pole!!!

juliecrumprn5153 replied 7 years, 4 months ago 8 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Angel1201

April 9, 2012 at 6:43 am

Congrats on your acceptance!  I would strongly recommend the Full Body Fitness club in Pitts.  I trained the pole teachers there and they are excellent instructors!  Plus they have all sorts of aerial devices to train on!  I know it's far, but even if you went once, it'd be worth it!  I know that on occasion they have 8 hour silks workshops on the weekends.  Might be a nice break from studying!!  You can also check out Pole Nation.  It's a great site that lists all pole studios in the US. 

• jeng

July 12, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Hi there.  I live in Pittsburgh.  There are several pole studios in the area.  I would recommend Spin on Fitness or Full Body Fitness Club.

I'm self taught but visit both locations when I want to get practice in on the taller poles since I have low ceilings at home.  Most of the instructors are at an intermediate level but are great group of gals.

If you are advanced and are looking to learn advanced tricks you really are out of luck.  I haven't found anyone yet in the Pittsburgh area that can teach advanced combinations so I usually have to wait till someone comes to town to do workshops. 

Full Body Fitness Club also has aerial silks (20 feet high ceilings).  I've been taking classes for aerial silks for about 9 months now.  I love it so much I purchased my own rig for my backyard.

If you want any more info let me know.

• Elektra Vallens

July 13, 2012 at 7:26 am

@jeng – Can you tell me a little bit more about the facilities for aerial silks and lyra at Full Body Fitness Club?  I'm thinking of moving back into the Pittsburgh area next year, and I've been practicing silks and lyra for about two years now, so I need somewhere to continue trianing.  Are the instructors well trained and capable of giving advanced lessons?  Does the place offer open studio times when you can use the equipment, apart from lessons?  Any info would be really helpful.

• jeng

July 13, 2012 at 3:43 pm

They have 4 long silks and 10+ hammocks and one Lyra. Erin who is the main instructor is very good. She is currently on tour with a company. Maddy who is subbing for her and is good although Erin is much more advanced and knows a lot more moves. Maddy main focus is aerial yoga. They do not have advanced classes right now nor time for u to just practice. When I go to class they just let me practice while they are teaching and if I need help or have questions then I grab the instructor.

• QueenJewell

July 14, 2012 at 8:50 am

Hey! I’m in the Pittsburgh area too. Do any of you Pittsburgh ladies know of any Pole studios besides FWAT? I would like to try another studio. I hear there’s 1 in Greensburg but the # doesn’t work.

• QueenJewell

July 14, 2012 at 8:51 am

Oh. Congratulations bebenancy!

• jeng

July 14, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Try spin on fitness or full body fitness club.

• QueenJewell

July 15, 2012 at 8:41 am

Thank you jeng!

• bebenancy

July 18, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Thanks Angel1201! I will have to try and make a trip out to check Full Body Fitness and Pole Nation when I get the chance. It's definitely a drive out there from Altoona. Maybe when there's a workshop I will try to make it out at least to those since it's so far from where I'll be.

@Jeng I will also have to check out Spin on Fitness. I might end up contacting you for more info on pole studios in Pitt area if you don't mind. My move date is coming closer so I might have more questions!

@QueenJewell Thank you!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Tierra3690

October 15, 2013 at 12:17 am

Hey I know this is kinda old but I do Aerial Silks at the main campus, its a little closer than pittsburgh and usually I put them up to train tues and thurs.

• Vaneorlando

April 10, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Hi! do you know about any pole dance studio at State College, PA?

• juliecrumprn5153

December 6, 2016 at 6:17 pm

Hi Tierra,
    I mostly do pole but also have some experience on the silks. I just moved to the State College area. I have one pole up and would love someone to pole or do silks with! I know the PYP studio has aerial yoga, is this where you set up?