• Poles

Posted by mangodancer on December 9, 2016 at 2:51 pm

What kind of pole do you all have? I’m looking to get a 45 mm chrome x-pole but I’m wondering if there are any less expensive options? Or if I’m better off just spending the money to get the better quality pole. TIA!

mangodancer replied 7 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • LatinPoler

December 9, 2016 at 3:20 pm

There are less expensive poles but I wouldn’t recommend those unless you are going to dance only “around” the pole and not “on” the pole. It’s a matter of stability and safety, even with a simple fireman spin, not to mention inversions. A good pole should last years and years, so it’s worth the investment. Also, if you move to another house, you can get extensions and ceiling adapters from X-pole, so again, your investment is protected.

• Veena

Administrator
    December 9, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Xpole, Lil Mynx and Lupit poles are quality poles. I have not used the Lupit pole but I hear good things about them. Don’t by knock off brands that LOOK like these other poles, they’re often made with less durable parts. X pole is the most common pole that is copied.

• Charlie Marie

December 17, 2016 at 11:06 am

Follow Veena’s advice.
    But I have a 50mm X-Pole because in terms of reviews it seem to be the best. Mine wasn’t too expensive £99 because its a 50m rather than the much desired 45mm poles.
    I would also say shop around for the best reviews, you don’t want to end up on a youtube pole fails compliation.

• SToast

December 17, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Honestly I think the Xpole is worth the money even if you have to wait and save up for it a little longer. I know people have had good luck with the Lil’ Mynx poles as well.

I also got a 50mm but when I got mine the 45mm wasn’t super popular yet and the 40mm wasn’t even out. In the end I’m glad I did since the studio I go to has 50mm poles and I have fairly large hands so gripping it isn’t a problem for me.

• mangodancer

December 17, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Thanks, ladies!! I went ahead and ordered a 45 mm X-Pole and it got here yesterday! Husband and I installed it last night. I’m so excited!!