StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Silks questions

• Silks questions

Posted by Catsanctuary177663 on July 15, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Hey Veeners, looking for advice from anyone who also does silks. I had my first silks lesson last night and am hooked. So glad I waited until I had some pole experience. Does anyone know where to buy good quality silks and rigging? Also, is there anyone who offers good online instruction? I love studioveena.com because I can reinforce what I’ve learned in class with it and would love a similar platform for silks. Or maybe Veena can learn silks and add that to the site, lol? You have such a gift for teaching! Thanks!

poleisnewtome replied 7 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jordangma

July 16, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Silks is amazing and fun, but you should not be learning silks at home without an instructor. It’s too easy to get badly hurt, and at the beginning stages, also to build up bad habits that will slow your progress later on. I recommend continuing to take classes for a good long time before even considering setting up at home. Your instructor should be able to help you once s/he feels you’re ready. In the meantime you can train core work and pull-ups at home, to make the most out of your aerial classes. Once I get onto my computer at home I can upload a file I have that tells you all the things you need to think about before setting any sort of rigging up at home. I’ll post it to this thread later.

• Catsanctuary177663

July 18, 2016 at 5:28 am

Thank you for the lecture. Obviously my instructor and I have discussed this and what I will practice. Again, my questions are: is there is a platform similar to Studioveena to SUPPLEMENT the lessons, for home review, and where can I purchase silks and rigging?

• Wibberoo

July 18, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I don’t think the post was intended as a lecture at all, but came from a genuine desire for you to stay safe in your practice, expecially since they are going post more info about things to consider when setting up your own rigging at home.

• Jordangma

July 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm

I’ve posted the information I mentioned. This document was created and is endorsed by many of the top aerial schools. It’s just a few things to keep in mind when you’re new to aerial and interested in setting up your own rig. Be safe!

• poleisnewtome

July 18, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Hi Catsanctuary. I didn’t see Jordangma’s comment as a lecture either. But regardless, Jill Franklin from Aerial Physique has made great silks lessons.

http://www.aerialphysique.com/#!aptv/ctzx

Click on Join to create an account. You will have access to all the lessons for $14/month. But there are often half off deals on Aerial Physique’s Instagram page.