StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Sport Period Panties?

• Phoenix Hunter

November 13, 2015 at 3:55 am

I need those! I have heavy periods. so heavy that wearing a tampon and pad and I will still have leaks. I could probably wear these with a tampon and it would be great for pole. I wouldnt have to worry if I did leak through the tampon

• grayeyes

November 13, 2015 at 3:56 am

Hmmm, sounded really weird at first but definitely has some appeal as a safety measure and alone for light days.

• grayeyes

November 13, 2015 at 4:03 am

Here’s a link to a review of them–she’s a fan.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahburton/i-reached-menstrual-zen#.twWn7WvAq

• Runemist34

November 13, 2015 at 5:37 am

Looks interesting! I’ve never been a fan of tampons, or menstrual cups, but I could see them being useful and nice for leaks and such, and when you want to get upside down πŸ˜‰

• Veena

Administrator
    November 13, 2015 at 6:26 pm

I really think these could be great for active women!!!!! Thinking of getting some!

• Yayo

November 13, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Now this is interesting. I had to read it for myself. Thinking it’s great for those times you perform and its that time πŸ˜‰ might get them.

• arijack

November 14, 2015 at 3:01 am

since i’m a huuge fan of the menstrual cups, the period panties (while ingenious!) feel like they’d be a step back for me. i’ve had no leaks of any kind with the cup… i’ve taught and taken many a yoga classes with my cup in, run a half marathon with it in, as well as been upside down on the pole. i recommend em πŸ™‚

• Ali B

November 14, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Ooooh! I’m going to have to check these out! It’s gotten to the point that I skip class sometimes. I found the cup a waste of money- it still slipped and caused a problem for me in lyra class. Pads are too bulky, tampons doing stay in… This could be the answer!

• JoleneBell

November 15, 2015 at 1:20 am

Aw I wish I could do tampons. I’ve always had problems with the suckers. If I used them, these panties would be awesome, I’m sure!

• Webmaster

Administrator
    November 16, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Thought you guys might find this interesting considering the topic.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/10/21/ads_for_thinx_period_underwear_might_be_too_lewd_for_the_subway.html

Evidently the company that manages subway ads for New York won’t allow the tasteful ads for Thinx even though they will allow scantily clad sexualized images.

• Phoenix Hunter

November 17, 2015 at 1:35 am

ugh! why am I not surprised….that’s crazy. women’s bodies are allowed to be sexualized for everything else such as shampoo, cheeseburgers, cars, you name it. But when it comes to actually adressing functions of a woman’s body such as periods or breast feeding, it is just not tolerated and considered disgusting. seems like society is just now somewhat acceptive of pregnancy. used to be a shameful thing not to be talked about or flaunted. Seems like the prevalence of celebrity pregnancies have somewhat shaped the way people view pregnancy. just sad.

• Adventures of Alice

November 17, 2015 at 7:30 am

Oh how offensive us women are when our bodies are leaking something icky. How dare we not be sexually available at all times and what an awkward thing to have to explain to a child about biology, nature and fundamentally how they got here. This made me really mad. The fight for equality for women continues, even in our westernised civilised countries.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 18, 2015 at 5:38 am

Yeah, crazy!

• Veena

Administrator
    November 18, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Dragonfly, I welcome a helpful suggestion on pole wear, but it doesn’t really fit in this thread, so it comes across as spam! If you would like members to know about your product feel free to start a new thread sharing with us. Thank you 😊

• kittyface

November 19, 2015 at 8:44 am

These could be useful. I’ve found that disposable pads or liners don’t really stick that well once I start sweating, so I’ve always used tampons to work out. I really don’t like tampons, though, they dry me out too much and I’ll avoid them if possible. I like the DivaCup (I’ve also tried the Mooncup but it’s too small for my heavy flow), but it always leaks at least a little bit for me. And yes, I know I’m using it right, but it still does that. Maybe I wouldn’t have to use tampons if I had period panties with a cup?

What really kills me about that article is that the male advertising board told her not to make it a “women’s issue.” Really? It’s INHERENTLY a women’s issue, it directly has to do with WOMEN’S BODIES. But of course, anything that makes us feel disgusted by our own bodies is allowed, anything that helps bring us into alignment with our own bodies’ needs “seems inappropriate.” It’s inappropriate for us to be anything but self-hating servants of men – but we already knew that. Really lays their misogyny bare.

Page 1 of 2