StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Thank YOU, community!!

• Thank YOU, community!!

Posted by LatinPoler on September 30, 2016 at 7:40 pm

I know that you shouldn’t compare to anybody, that everybody’s pole journey is different, etc. But I don’t think it can be fully avoided, specially if you go to in-person pole classes. In my case, some (if not many) times I feel an underdog, my progress is slower, I am afraid of some inverts, etc. All my pole class peers seem to have been born on a pole, they get the moves quickly and they don’t seem to be afraid. It is also true that I made it to the advanced level without dropping out and I am proud of this :-)But it is also true that other folks started their journey later and now they are far ahead. Thus, the underdog feeling kicks in.

At the moment I’m struggling with Butterfly. I was looking for some tips and advice here and I found that I was not alone, that many others have struggled with Butterfly. And with Bat, which was my nemesis before. So a big thank you to you Veeners, you make me feel normal!

That’s something I also like about learning at home. I set my own pace and don’t compare. I do what I feel that my body is ready to do. I’ve been tempted to leave the studio and learn at home only, but in the end I think I need the studio and a spotter to help me with the tricks at first. Then I can polish at home. This method is working fine for me… despite the occasional underdog feeling.

Thanks again!

Gina Lee replied 7 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    October 1, 2016 at 5:37 am

Xoxox 💜💜💜 Great post!

• Gina Lee

October 2, 2016 at 12:51 am

Love this post! As someone who has been in class with you, you are doing amazing! I tend to feel the same as you and need to take a page from your book and work a bit more at home in between studio visits. 🙂