StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Tile floors & tension poles (cracking tile?)

• Tile floors & tension poles (cracking tile?)

Posted by LyraPole on July 22, 2016 at 5:35 pm

I have a student who recently bought a pole but her entire apartment is tiled. The pole hasn’t arrived yet so we haven’t tried to put it up together. My major concern is that the tension from the pole itself will crack the tile. Does anyone have any experience with this? Tips?

Claire Moon replied 7 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kaia

July 25, 2016 at 6:55 pm

I have installed an Xpole on laminate flooring (9′ floor to ceiling height) and I haven’t noticed any issues. It’s not tile, of course!

But, if I did have tiles, I would probably try to place the base of the pole on a corner section (where four tiles come together). This should provide more weight distribution on each of the four tiles instead of just one tile which could possibly crack.

Good luck. 🙂

• Claire Moon

July 25, 2016 at 9:04 pm

I sometimes being my pole home to my parents and put it up in the tiled entry way. They have the basic ceramic tiles that are mostly 1 foot square. So far I’ve put my pole up on the edge of one or centered on grout between two tiles. No cracking yet! I’ve put it up and danced on it for a couple hours on two separate occasions. I’m still nervous but so far so good! I just try to tighten it as little as possible without it slipping on the ceiling!