StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions What’s are your weekly workouts?

• What’s are your weekly workouts?

Posted by Jordan Grantham on September 27, 2016 at 12:57 am

I’m feeling a bit unmotivated at the moment as I’m unsure how much a week I should be working out and what I should be doing each day. So I’m wondering what your weekly routine is for your workouts.

I currently do the following routine
    Monday – 30 min run and 30 min weights
    Wednesday – 1 hour pole dance
    Friday – 30 min run and 30 min weights
    Saturday – 1 hour pole dance

Mikasaurus replied 7 years, 6 months ago 13 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Lula Geddes

September 27, 2016 at 2:00 pm

I wanted to start a post about this because I tend to enjoy doing a lot of things and sometimes I wonder if I do too much of everything and too little of a specific training to improve (i.e. focus on flexibility for one month, focus on strength another month, etc.). Sometimes I’d really like to focus on something and I guess it’s what you need to do to improve a specific element, but I tend to get terribly bored and miss the rest of the stuff I usually do.

How much and what you do will depend very much on your goals and the time you have available in your life, but generally your routine seems to be very balanced. I don’t know why you feel unmotivated or if you want to discuss it – if it’s just boredom sometimes starting something new or throwing something new in the mix helps. If it’s because you feel you are not improving sometimes changing classes or routine or setting a bit higher goal might help. Again, asking about other people’s workouts is also a good source of inspiration!

At the moment mine is (though it does change slightly from week to week depending on work meetings, holidays, etc.):

Monday – 1.5hrs pole training at home with Veena’s lessons; 1hr Greek dance class.
    Tuesday – 15Km cycling + 40 lengths (25m) swimming
    Wednesday – 1.5hrs pole dance class
    Thursday – 1hr contemporary dance class
    Friday – 15Km cycling + 40 lengths (25m) swimming
    Weekend – 1 day off; the other day I do a mix of fun/relaxing stuff like hula hooping, some chair dance, a bit of foam rolling, some stretching.

At the moment my routing is dancey and aerobic with a little bit of strength, but I feel like I am missing the stretching and the ‘proper’ strength work, so I will try to add it on, though it is difficult to find the time. Anyway, when I started with this program just over four weeks ago for me the key thing was to just have a routine after having stopped for 5 months, something that will get me out of bed and wake me up before starting work (hence the cycling and swimming) and something that would drag me to my office a few days a week (hence the dance classes which are usually in the evening and half way between my office and my home).

• Luckyjmt

September 27, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I also really enjoying doing a broad range of types of exercise. I think lifting HEAVY weights and doing HITT has helped me as a beginner at pole…having a base of upper back/upper body strength made it easier to accomplish some beginner moves without getting too “discouraged” in the first few months.
    Monday – 1 hour of HITT/core
    Tuesday – 1 hr weight lifing
    Thursday – I hr weight lifting
    Friday – 1 hour HITT/cardio
    Saturday -1 hr weight lifing and 1 hr pole
    Sunday -1 hr pole

I usually practice on my home pole for about 30 min a night as well during the weekdays. I don’t always have time for all these workouts … just depends on work/kids schedules.

• Luckyjmt

September 27, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Sorry… HIIT not HITT. Ha ha

• travelerunderstars4916

September 27, 2016 at 9:36 pm

This is a great question! I have always really wondered where I’m at compared to others as well. Right now I’m working back into pole after a break from illness but normally I do:
    Monday 30mim cardio (walk, run, bike, swim whatever) then Veenas flexibility front splits
    Tuesday 1.5hr pole, veenas lower body strength, conditioning, with tricks training somewhere in the middle.
    Wednesday 30min cardio, back flexibility routine
    Thursday 1.5 hr pole, veenas chest and back strength and conditioning, tricks.
    Friday 30min cardio, middle splits flexy training
    Saturday 2-3hr pole, abs and shoulders routine. Sometimes I also do the full body strength routine too. Sunday I take off and walk, yoga, relax.
    I linked the strength training to the flexibility training after veenas 30 days of flexy I think it really helps.
    Hope we all get inspired by sharing workouts!

• Claire Moon

September 28, 2016 at 2:04 am

My workouts are all over the place bc of work, but I do:

an hour or two of yoga classes a week,
    2-3 nights where I pole 1-2 hrs each
    two days of weight lifting and/or body weight exercises per week
    3-4 days/week doing kettle bell swings/Turkish getups. I rest at least one day a week.

I stretch after each workout a little just to maintain. Yoga does well to train my flexibility. I haven’t been flex training lately. I don’t cardio. Kettle bell swings are about as close as I get…

…. I should cardio.

• bformosa922163

September 28, 2016 at 2:59 am

Great question.
    I recently just started to get into a routine. Focusing on flexibility monday, wednesday and friday and try to fit in some sort of cardio other days (Dancing, hammock, walking).

It’s not really set in stone, but i’m just working my way up as I havent been doing a lot of fitness the last couple of months.

My main goal is to be healthy and more energised.

• Jordan Grantham

September 28, 2016 at 7:51 am

This is great thank you everyone for your replies. It’s really interesting to see how different everyone is with their workouts! Defenantly have given me some confidence in knowing that we all have different workouts to suit our life styles and as long as you give it ago it’s ok. I always burn myself out by working out everyday but I think this weekly schedule suits me best. The only thing I feel like I need to gain is time for flex training but maybe I’ll just add 20 mins of flex to my workout days. Thanks for the sharing HIIT I had never heard of it and will look into it!

• Veena

Administrator
    September 28, 2016 at 9:57 pm

If you’re tired of trying to plan pole workouts try using any of the 30 day programs! Then all the planning is done for you 🙂

• BeastlyBroad

September 30, 2016 at 12:33 am

I’ve been really enjoying the Nailed it Flow Program for nearly a month (on Day 27) and I have been repeating the last 3 days of the 30 day ab challenge since I finished it 2 weeks ago… The FLOW is soooo helping me improve my pole work! But the rest of my week includes:

M,W,F- 30min weight lifting & 1 hour yoga class
    Tu,Sa,Su- 30min+ light cardio (walking/hiking)
    Th- 35-50min ladies arena soccer & 1hour spin class

I’ve always been an athletic, thick-chick. So my goal is maintaining/continuing gradual weight loss– but mostly trying to build confidence, just trying to feel sexy in my own skin.

• Bellini

September 30, 2016 at 3:21 pm

I go with my feelings and listen to my body. If I have slept badly, have stress I simply rest. Like this week. If I feel weak I dont push myself, it just makes me exhausted. But when im ok I train hardhard and do my best.

Monday: lifting myself on a bar/rings: upper body and crazy core. Streching legs.

Tuesday: 30 min kind of hiit cycling and basic abs.

Wednesday-thursday: streching and/or rehearsing pole 30-60 min, freestyle, nothing heavy. Depends of how I feel. Or nothing.

Friday: handstands and bridges (in which I suck), back and shoulder flexility. Squats or ballet legs if I have energy.

Saturday: pole-ab-crunches or nothing… but always streching legs. Sometimes freestyle. Cleaning my house is also an saturday exercise..

Sunday: pole 60 min, new scary challenging moves, sweating.

Progressing on my own pace but ok I think, happy.

• Phoenix Hunter

October 1, 2016 at 1:43 am

Monday- 1 hour pole. 1 hour contortion
    Tuesday- 2 hours ballet includes conditioning / strength for abs and back and splits
    Wednesday- same as Tuesday
    Thursday- rest
    Friday- rest
    Saturday- 2 hours of ballet and back/abs conditioning. Afternoon 45 minutes pole 45 minutes contortion
    Sunday- same as Saturday.

My rest days vary. I also do some hand balancing every now and then

• LatinPoler

October 1, 2016 at 1:57 pm

I don’t have a fixed schedule, but overall, this might be my typical week:

Mon: 1h pole tricks at the studio, 1h flexibility
    Tue: 30-45min run, maybe 15min core or legs, 1h yoga
    Wed: 1h pole flow or floorwork at the studio, 1h flexibility
    Thurs: 1-2h pole at home, conditioning, polishing tricks and dancing. Yoga or run if I don’t feel up to poling.
    Fri: 40-50min run, 1h flexibility. Maybe some easy pole or floorwork at home, free-styling.
    Sat: 80 min yoga or run or pole… Balancing the rest of the week.
    Sun: 1h spinning pole at the studio. Maybe run, depending on how many runs I’ve done throughout the week. I aim for three.

I take rests as needed, maybe one day totally off out of 10. I may take more if I need too.

• SToast

October 6, 2016 at 2:40 am

My “routine” looks pretty sad. I get at least 10,000 steps per day. I do a strength/cardio class once per week and an hour long pole class once per week.

I workout/practice on my pole at home here and there during the week. Mostly I just practice the stuff we learned in the last class.

What I NEED to be doing is working on flexibility in my back and splits.

• Mikasaurus

October 10, 2016 at 9:21 pm

I am presently hardcore training for the Spartan, so my workouts right now are brutal. Everyday I do 45 minutes of cardio, and am presently doing the 30 Day Take Off, which takes me around an hour per lesson.

Monday – Shoulders and Abs (3s, 8-12r)
    Tuesday – Legs (4s, 10-15r)
    Wednesday – Rest Day, but I generally do a mild hike or long walk with my dog
    Thursday – Chest and Triceps (3s, 8-12r)
    Friday – Back and Biceps (3s, 8-12r)
    Sat/Sun – Rest/Cardio

As I have terrible arm strength, I do a set of pull ups every day, and every morning and night work on hand strengthening exercises.