StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions x-pole x-pert permanent ceiling mount

• x-pole x-pert permanent ceiling mount

Posted by michaelaarghh on July 19, 2012 at 2:16 am

ARGHHH.

So the frustration continues!! I bought a permanent ceiling mount to drill into my beam to put my pole up.

I now have a question though for those who have permanent ceiling mounts – how far in to it is the pole top adaptor supposed to be? It didn't come with an instruction manual so I have no idea. But when I put it in and tighten, I go to a certain point (not completely in) and I start feeling pressure. I stopped when I felt this, tested it out and it seemed pretty strong.

So I then did a few tricks, all was fine. BUT then I pulled myself up from sitting on the floor and the bottom budged. I don't know if this is a floor issue (floorboards) or a tension issue? I then tightened it heaps, with the intention of tightening it until the top adaptor is completely in the mount, but then I heard a massive bang, like it had been overtightened wayyyy too much.

So I'm really confused. Also – this isn't the vaulted ceiling mount, it is this block mount:

http://dance4me.com.au/block-mount-45-50mm/

hookedonpole replied 7 years, 6 months ago 9 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Anonyma

July 19, 2012 at 9:56 am

i just got a permanent mount too because my ceilling is angled

my boyfriend instead of drilling the mount in the ceilling directly, put a piece of wood under it to " equally  distribute" the pression

also, did you tight the thing on top so it doesnt move? the big allen key thing? 

i will post a picture of what he did, its very strong im not afraid to go all the way 

• joscelynsmom

July 19, 2012 at 11:20 am

I don't have one yet but I will be getting one in a few months when I move into my house.  It's my understanding that it replaces the dome and if you look at the slot on the dome and the slot on the mount they look the same.  So the top adapter should sit fully into the mount just as it does in the dome.  Sorry if that didn't help at all!  Good luck!

• Dancing Paws

July 19, 2012 at 11:25 am

Is it possible that the bang you heard was the top rod slipping all the way into the mount? Maybe it got hung up half way into the mount then the increasing tension forced it all the way in??? Just a thought.

• Anonyma

July 19, 2012 at 11:46 am

ithink  sensual scimitar is right! 

• Veena

Administrator
    July 19, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I have the ceiling mount and love it! I would say too that the top was maybe not in all the way, it can take some jiggling to get the top all the way in. I know it's in place when I here a thud. 

• michaelaarghh

July 19, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Oh okay. It makes more sense for it to be all the way in, but that thud really scared me

I will retighten it today, and let.you know how I go!

Thanks.guys!

• michaelaarghh

July 21, 2012 at 2:24 am

okay so i retightened it, it's a couple of mm's from being all the way flush with the top mount. 

But it is definitely WAY overtightened. It doesn't spin freely and does that "spin back a bit" thing when turned with my hand. 

Any advice?

Is it okay to not have it all the way into the mount? Maybe past the thud and leave it there? 

Maybe someone from x-pole can answer because I've tried emailing them to no avail. 

• LP9611

October 12, 2016 at 11:33 pm

bump… Hello everyone,

This is Randy, using my girlfriends account… she has asked me to shorten (cut with hacksaw) the pole of her new X-Pole (she has the X-Stage Lite – 45mm Chrome). We are planning to cut it so that it will fit in our living room. No problem, I’m a pro hack-sawer! 🙂

The thing is, she plans to buy the X-PERT BLOCK MOUNT 45, to stabilize the top of the pole.
    –> eg. http://xpoleus.com/product/x-pert-block-mount-404550mm-silver/

Does anyone know the recommended distance to have from top of pole, to the ceiling?

I can’t find instructions online that talk about pole height (distance to ceiling) when using the Block Mount.

Thanks everyone!

Randy

• Phoenix Hunter

October 13, 2016 at 12:41 am

I don’t think you can permanently mount an xstage pole to the ceiling.

• Veena

Administrator
    October 13, 2016 at 1:26 am

Yes, the pole on the stage is not meant to attach to the ceiling. The block permanent mount is for the pole alone not the x stage.

• Webmaster

Administrator
    October 13, 2016 at 1:32 am

The stage is absolutely not meant to be connected to the ceiling. For so many reasons it simply will not work. The hardware is simply not there.

If you want a floor to ceiling pole you should get a x-sport or xpole-xspert

• LP9611

October 13, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Thank you everyone!

Yes, a little poking around and this is the info I am finding. Thanks for your quick answers!

Kinds regards,

Randy

• hookedonpole

October 14, 2016 at 7:19 am

I finally bought the permanent ceiling mount and love it. However, when on static, the whole pole tends to turn slightly, as if the spin screws are not completing tightened. But as far as I can tell, they are. Is this common? Kinda bugs me as I feel it shouldn’t move at all like when it was on the dome. Thanks!

• Veena

Administrator
    October 14, 2016 at 4:01 pm

It shouldn’t move and should feel just like when using the dome. Are the x’s lined up or maybe spin mode isn’t tightened enough?

• hookedonpole

October 15, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Oooooops! Husband checked and the three screws at the adjuster on the bottom were loose, can’t believe I missed that after all the poles I gave taken down and put up! Love my permanent mount.